Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ctbo

aczone question

anyone notice that aczone is now a white color?when it use to be a clear color.Im wondering why they changed the color of it.anyone notice this?

Edited by ctbo

Mine is clear with white flecks in it. But I am still using the samples my derm gave me and haven't filled the rx yet.

Yeah I noticed that too!!

The samples I was first using, the gel was a clear color (hint of brown) with a grainy texture. But when I filled my RX the gel inside the tube came out white and had a smooth texture (like of a lotion). I first thought maybe it had expired or was no good but I've been using it for about two months now and its been working amazing! :cool:

I don't know why its changed :think:

So you think that the creamy stuff works better than the samples? Hmmmm...I am going to fill my rx today or tomorrow. I will be interested to know. My samples aren't brown at all though. Like I said, clear, with white stuff in it, and yeah it is a little grainy and dries on my skin slightly white.

I noticed this as well. Does anyone know how to get the original gritty formula back? The new formula doesnt work as well for me.

Just found this online from the website:

"If you use ACZONE® (dapsone) Gel 5% and recently refilled your prescription, you may have noticed that ACZONE® has a slightly different look and feel. ACZONE® is now whiter and has a finer texture than it had before. This change comes from the fact that we've moved production from a third-party manufacturing facility to our own manufacturing site. Allergan is committed to ensuring the quality of our products and made this move as part of our long-term commitment to the dermatology market. Though the look and feel of ACZONE® has slightly changed, the product has the same performance characteristics and fully meets all FDA product specifications for its manufacture."

i agree this stuff costs to much.insurance company will not even cover Aczone for some reason and theres no Generic form of it yet or atleast thats what im told.maybe that would lower the price.this stuff is better than anything used before.but at $180 for a 30mg tube i feel its price is to high.i sometimes can use the coupon if my derm gives me one.they need to lower the price for us.but this stuff is really good!I stillb reak out a little though even though i use it but my skins alot better than using other stuff.

Edited by ctbo