Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DylanW

New ice pick scar nose - please advise

Hello

I am a 31 year old male and have suffered with acne one way or another for 20 years

I have some scarring on my face but until now :(:( none on my nose

About 6 months ago a spot appeared on my nose. I thought nothing off it and left it (can't remember if I picked it)

Since then, it has scabbed and healed scabbed and healed etc. over and over. A couple of weeks ago I bought some scar serum from a massive, well known British high street retailer. It has great reviews on the official website and elsewhere

I have been applying this serum twice a day and slowly the skin has healed. Sadly, with the last of the 'scabs' having healed and come off, I am left with a ice pick scar

I am absolutely gutted. I know some people have many scars but we're all troubled the most by our own problems. To still have acne 20 years later is a pain, to get a scar is awful, to get an ice pick is even worse but as if that wasn't enough, to have it in the middle of your nose takes the biscuit

A few weeks ago I purchased a derma roller (1mm) and dermastamp (.75mm). I suspected this nose spot was going to scar so wanted to be prepared. I have been using the stamp/roller on some other scars and have seen a very little bit of improvement (these scars are mainly boxcar or rolling)

My main question is how soon can I wait until I can use the stamp/roller on my new nose scar?

Also is there anything else I can do right now today to help it heal? I keep it moisturised in the morning and evening via the aforementioned serum

Does it help to keep the scar covered up with a plaster?

I know this is the million dollar question but is derma stamping/rolling proven to be effective for ice pick scars? (on the nose specifically)

I feel so sad. I've kinda put up with my acne and scars until now and thought I had finally beaten it mentally. This new scar is so obvious, right in the middle of my (big) nose. I just feel so deflated

Any help or advice would be most appreciated

Thanks

Edited by DylanW

I beg you all from the bottom if my heart

Please what can I do about this new massive ice pick scar on my nose

Please

I would keep using the dermaroller and see what happens, if that doesn't help you can always see a dermatologist.

Edited by Callum.

Hello

I am a 31 year old male and have suffered with acne one way or another for 20 years

I have some scarring on my face but until now :( :( none on my nose

About 6 months ago a spot appeared on my nose. I thought nothing off it and left it (can't remember if I picked it)

Since then, it has scabbed and healed scabbed and healed etc. over and over. A couple of weeks ago I bought some scar serum from a massive, well known British high street retailer. It has great reviews on the official website and elsewhere

I have been applying this serum twice a day and slowly the skin has healed. Sadly, with the last of the 'scabs' having healed and come off, I am left with a ice pick scar

I am absolutely gutted. I know some people have many scars but we're all troubled the most by our own problems. To still have acne 20 years later is a pain, to get a scar is awful, to get an ice pick is even worse but as if that wasn't enough, to have it in the middle of your nose takes the biscuit

A few weeks ago I purchased a derma roller (1mm) and dermastamp (.75mm). I suspected this nose spot was going to scar so wanted to be prepared. I have been using the stamp/roller on some other scars and have seen a very little bit of improvement (these scars are mainly boxcar or rolling)

My main question is how soon can I wait until I can use the stamp/roller on my new nose scar?

Also is there anything else I can do right now today to help it heal? I keep it moisturised in the morning and evening via the aforementioned serum

Does it help to keep the scar covered up with a plaster?

I know this is the million dollar question but is derma stamping/rolling proven to be effective for ice pick scars? (on the nose specifically)

I feel so sad. I've kinda put up with my acne and scars until now and thought I had finally beaten it mentally. This new scar is so obvious, right in the middle of my (big) nose. I just feel so deflated

Any help or advice would be most appreciated

Thanks

This scars are fresh, now is the time to apply vitamin E oil and pure aloe vera gel to the skin. Also it's the time to take tumeric, alpha lopoic acid, and vitamin c orally. also, rubbing the alpha on the skin will help the scars heal further more and faster. Good luck.

I beg you all from the bottom if my heart

Please what can I do about this new massive ice pick scar on my nose

Please

I think the jury is out on how to treat/deal with scars on the nose. To be quite honest, from everything I've read, those can be very tough and may not respond very well to rolling or stamping.

I think the jury is out on how to treat/deal with scars on the nose. To be quite honest, from everything I've read, those can be very tough and may not respond very well to rolling or stamping.
Thank you for your reply even though it does make me feel sadder :(

Thank you for your reply even though it does make me feel sadder :(

You should get TCA cross smack dab in that ice pick on your nose OR you could needle it (with a single needle). The swelling will make it disappear for a while and the more you do it, it will permanently be fixed (or at least 95% improved) :]

You should get TCA cross smack dab in that ice pick on your nose OR you could needle it (with a single needle). The swelling will make it disappear for a while and the more you do it, it will permanently be fixed (or at least 95% improved) :]
Thanks for your reply. I have to admit just hearing someone say something positive gives me a tremendous lift

Can you advise me though..

1. I have read people post on here of horror stories when performing TCA cross on ice picks on the nose - ?

2. I have heard of single needling. However in my case as the scar is just off the 'line' of the nose (as per the black dot on this image http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/humannose.jpg/ Please note this is not me, just a random image) I can stretch the skin with my fingers and stamp it quite well with a derma stamp

The other day I stamped the area with a .75mm stamp which drew tiny pin prick dots of blood. The area was inflamed (as expected) until I went to bed and then back to normal the next day

Presumably if I can 'hit' the right area with a dermastamp this will give similar results to single needling?

Thank you once again for taking the time to reply

Thanks for your reply. I have to admit just hearing someone say something positive gives me a tremendous lift

Can you advise me though..

1. I have read people post on here of horror stories when performing TCA cross on ice picks on the nose - ?

2. I have heard of single needling. However in my case as the scar is just off the 'line' of the nose (as per the black dot on this image http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/humannose.jpg/ Please note this is not me, just a random image) I can stretch the skin with my fingers and stamp it quite well with a derma stamp

The other day I stamped the area with a .75mm stamp which drew tiny pin prick dots of blood. The area was inflamed (as expected) until I went to bed and then back to normal the next day

Presumably if I can 'hit' the right area with a dermastamp this will give similar results to single needling?

Thank you once again for taking the time to reply

You're very welcome. Oh, and sorry it took me so long to reply, I kind of forgot about this website for a while.

But anyway,

1. Some people perform TCA Cross by themselves (if they're brave and experienced enough) and they save money that way, some get it done professionally and it is least likely to get worse since a professional is doing it. If the ice pick is that much of a problem, you should get it done professionally to avoid a horror story yourself :)

2. I'm not the biggest professional on dermastamping so I couldn't say how similar this is to single needling. I do know that single needling is extremely precise and less invasive compared to most scar treatments and when you apply the needle, you will hear a "pop" and know that the scar tissue is breaking up. The more you do it, the more it will level up to your skin. And if you're relatively young, I'm sure your natural collagen process will help you out. Perhaps you should take Retin A as well since it is known for speeding up the collagen process as well. Lots of people have success with that. Honestly, the best improvements come with a combination of treatments, at least that's what I've heard when it came to people's testimonies. This one guy needled his scars over a coarse of time and then got a peel done and his scars are gone. Yeah, I said it, gone (He can't remember where they were).

Once again, I'm not too sure about the dermastamp method, you may have to do some more research on that, I don't think it's the most popular technique...?

Edited by LivingWithFaith