Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here is a little bit about me, i'm 19. When I was about 13 I started to break out, I went to my doctor and she gave me some topical cream and sent me on my way. That was working for a while but not like I wanted. Then, about 2005 later I started using Proactive, which worked wonders on my skin! Worked great for a few months, then my face started overreacting to it.

I woke up one day with a little pimple on my cheek near my eye, no big deal. I got home from school, took a nap, when I woke up it had swelled so bad I could barely open my eye. I went to the doctor and he told me I had Cystic Acne and needed to see a dermitologist. He referred me to a dermitologist in town, I went to see him and we have tried so many topicals and medications I was just getting overwhelmed, we were switching medications and topicals every month. I eventually just stopped going to him about early 2009. I was pretty clear, no cysts, up until late last year. I started to break out and I finally couldn't take it, my future mother-in-law helped me find a new dermitologist closer to my home.

I went to see her and she said since I have mild to severe acne and need to be on medication for it. I have told her I have been on too many medications to count and we were switching different topicals monthly. She suggested I start on Accutane, which I am willing to try with open arms, I have heard so many success stories from it..I want to finally have clear skin for the first time in 6 years.

I just got my 2nd blood and urine test done today and I should be starting as soon as she gets the results in a few days. I will post pictures monthly of my progress. Keep your fingers crossed. :boogie: