Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acowles

Oh crap, have I been doing this wrong??

I've been applying moisturizer and then applying retin-a 20-30 mins after that, everynight. Have I been doing it backwards; is it retin-a first and then 20-30 mins later, apply lotion?? I've been using retin-a for little over 3 months now, and I haven't seen much of a difference. Do you think applying moisturizer first would affect that? :doh:

It should definitely be the other way round if you want to get the full effect of the Retin-A. I have heard of some people using it the way you have to lessen the irritation to the skin that retinoids can cause - so I don't think it's the end of the world!

i dont think it matters. ive been putting emu oil on after washing then putting retin a on an hour after that. My skin is still really irritated by the stuff & peels off & leaves my skin itchy, maybe a little less so from using the oil first.

Most of the time I apply moisturizer before I apply the retin. When I have a breakout I apply the retin first and then the moistuirzer. Either way I always wait 30 minutes before applying the retin.