Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay so i cut dairy out of my diet and limited myself to 2 slices of whole wheat bread a day, 3 salads a day, and some grilled or baked meats. my skin was doing pretty good :D i only had about 3 inflamed zits compared to the usual 10! but just yesterday i added kefir yogurt to my diet the only real "acceptable dairy" and i might have gone a little crazy :wacko: with it bc it tastes better than anything else ive been eating lately, so i woke up today and i literally have about 6 new zits that popped up 4 of which are very painful :mad: and a bunch of whiteheads that werent there before. im going to go off of it, has anyone else experienced this?

It could very likely be the bread as well. 2 slices a day is definitely overdoing it in my opinion. Sometimes limiting isn't enough if you want to get fully clear. Some users here find that they must abstain from all grains (even oats) and supplements/food additives which are derived from corn/grains/soy to be clear.

Did you make the kefir yourself? Store-bought kefir often times has added sugar which you can't really determine when it was added - before or after fermentation?

It could very likely be the bread as well. 2 slices a day is definitely overdoing it in my opinion. Sometimes limiting isn't enough if you want to get fully clear. Some users here find that they must abstain from all grains (even oats) and supplements/food additives which are derived from corn/grains/soy to be clear.

Did you make the kefir yourself? Store-bought kefir often times has added sugar which you can't really determine when it was added - before or after fermentation?

i was afraid it might be the bread too :( and yeah its store bought and i just checked it has sugar :evil:

I've never experimented with regular Kefir but i know yogurt and sauerkraut break me out badly with large inflamed type spots i don't normally get.

Guest davidtheskinking

Kefir is actually better than most dairy, as long as it is good quality.

Helios kefir is the brand I get, it's better because it contains probiotics which are good bacteria for your gut.

You can get probiotics from non dairy sources like vegetables such as sauerkraut or kim-chi though, I recommend this because the human body is generally not to receptive to cow dairy.

We are the only species that crosses over and get's dairy from another species and I don't think are bodies are made for it,

Just my two cents!

You can get probiotics from non dairy sources like vegetables such as sauerkraut or kim-chi though, I recommend this because the human body is generally not to receptive to cow dairy.

We are the only species that crosses over and get's dairy from another species and I don't think are bodies are made for it,

Just my two cents!

totally agree!