Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi I read the stickied topic about this at the top and understand them but just have a few more questions....it seems that BHA is more effective for acne prone skin since it can penetrate the skin further to unclog pores, why doesnt dans regimen/store include a BHA but instead a AHA??

I ordered his kit which comes with the AHA but I was wondering if I should use a BHA to exfoliate instead? or can I use both a AHA and a BHA at the same time? For example, AHA at night and BHA in the morning?....or will this be bad for my skin?

thanks

I think that much chemical exfoliation will cause unecessary irriation, not to mention redness and rawness. No one needs that much exfoliation. One or the other does the job (I'm assuming BHA does as I've never used it), but you never need to use the product more than once or twice a week (at the very most!); with the exception of spot treatment, which can be done daily (I do it both day and night).

cool thanks!....im assuming you use dans aha product?....do you need to rinse it off after you apply it or can u keep it on the face?....hows your acne situation right now btw?...did it help?..

if you do use it, how do you find dans aha?

thanks

Yeah I use Dan's AHA+. I keep it on my face, applying it between the BP and the moisturizer.. So my Regimen is:

Wash hands. Wet face with warm water. 3 pumps of cleanser, lather, wash face for less than 10 seconds, rinse. Wait til dry.

Wash hands. Apply BP (3 mins max). Wait til dry.

Wash hands. Apply AHA+ as spot treatment. Wait til dry.

Wash hands. Apply moisturizer (2 mins max) with 3 drops jojoba oil added.

I had moderate acne when starting and now my acne is very mild - I'm 6 weeks in as of today. Instead of having 20 active pimples at any given time, I have 1-4 active ones. I still have plenty of red marks but I'm looking forward to those going away with the addition of the AHA+ and clearing of acne.

For buying the AHA+ go here > http://www.danielkern.com/product-p/aha-6.htm. It seems a little pricey at first but when you get the bottle it's a LOT more than you thought it'd be... I can tell mine will last me a few months at least, if not more.

Edited by Cocobo