Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomWantsHelp

Need help distinguishing between red marks and acne!

I don't want to apply benzoyl peroxide incase they are red marks so I need help. I have some crusty red spots on my chin, is that active acne? There are also a lot of flat red marks around.

Does it then go back to how it was before or even better, or does BP actually push back the healing and make red marks need to start healing from the beggining again?

In my experience (of being on The Regimen for two weeks), my red marks did appear darker for a time and then slowly started to fade. It will definitely get better and at least back to what they were, but more than likely even better than that!

Benzoyl Peroxide has been known to irritate skin and prolong red marks.

So I am currently 2 weeks into my isotretinoin course, and I still have some pretty nasty red marks on my cheeks. They have been there for almost 2 months, and have barely diminished. I am wondering if it would be safe to treat them while I continue my course? And also, what products would be best to use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by TamaDrummer

the only products you should use to lighten redmarks while on accutane should natural ones like ACV and emu oil, maybe some lemon juice. accutane thins yours skin so you dont want t odo chemical peels or any laser surgey for atleast 6 months after your course is finished.

I have been using emu oil at night for the last 3 weeks whilst on accutabe and it seems to be reducing my red marks... Although who knows if they would have faded on their own anyway? It also penetrates the skin much deeper than moisturizer so I wake up with no dryness and super smooth skin..

Well people say that you can't feel red marks. However, I do feel a certain crustyness/unequalness in flatness when I run my finger over my red marks. Could it be that some of them are actually active acne? I put BP on it just incase, hoping that it won't darken my marks if they are indeed red marks.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Something like glycolic acid can help, also,bio oil is absolutely brilliant, it's good for your skin too! microdermabrasion would also help.

Sunscreen, bio-oil, and just leaving your face alone - ie - don't pick. Also, aloe vera at night and this honey/natural toner I had worked really well.

Before:

http://youtu.be/xPnA4hhVGPc

You can check my accutane log for 'now'. A LOT of the red marks have gone (check the forehead out), but seriously, it just takes a bit of time ;) Good luck

Edited by susanliu

I am really impatient. I managed to get rid of my acne in 3 weeks but my red marks are here after 3 more weeks! Hopefully my girlfriend isnt too repulsed when I get back. I used to have nice skin.

I am on my phone and I pay per page loaded so I can't afford to research through a bunch of pages, sorry! :( Could you quote something for me please!

I am on my phone and I pay per page loaded so I can't afford to research through a bunch of pages, sorry! :( Could you quote something for me please!

No.

Holy crap, how the heck did you do that?! Are you using B.P? One thing I found about that stuff was:

a) It dried out a pimple

b) It dried up everything around it too

c) Irritated my skin

d) Gave me red marks like no shit did, or at least, stopped them fading.

Your skin needs to be well moisturized - i.e. not dry, for it to heal properly. I'm not talking oil slick, just make sure it's never, ever tight-feeling.

3 weeks?! Give it some time dudey, as long as you keep it moisturized, irritant-free, the old ones'll fade within 2 months or so. Picking produced new ones and they stay for longer. So DON'T PICK!!!

Also. it's probs the last of your gf's worries.. if it's the first, well then, you know what to do..

(i.e. get a new girlfriend) Hope this helps

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Well I took the girl i'm babysitting to a dermatologist first and then he saw that I had a bunch of tiny bumps on my chin (I didn't think anything of it at the time) and game me a topical cream.

There was BP in it and it caused me to have a lot of red marks but I found that after I started using it, I immediately only had 3 active pimples at a time and once I decided to stop using it completely due to the red marks (which looked worse than pimples) I just never got pimples anymore.

I think it was a mixture of quickness and good diet (I went to europe for the summer, in the countryside of France. Big change compared to Malaysia hahaha.), and it was still really mild. Also it was isolated on my chin and only a few pimples reached my cheeks. Probably hormonal.

Hahah well my gf is awesome so I doubt she would care but it still makes me self-concious and limits me a bit.

Good luck with everything!

P.S I picked a lot before I knew it was acne but stopped completely afterwards :)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I thought they were bumps but they were actually individual pimples. I used to never look in a mirror hahahaha.

Also I have found that tea tree oil is very effective! My marks are less noticeable, as if the small dark marks has diluted into light red blotches :)

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that i've been getting great results with this and diluted tea tree oil!

This product has lactic acid AND helps clear pores and reduce oilyness. It also has soft clay which is good for skin.

:)

"No." is a very kind and thoughtful answer thank you very much. Great moderators here.

Okay fine. I get faster answers using other sites. Bye.