Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Monica123

Back acne (bacne)

I've never really had pimples on my back but lately i have. and every time i get them they are very large pimples, not small. And now i have several large brown scars on my upper back (near the neck) from the acne. It isn't my hair/hair products because my hair always touches my clothing (i dont wear tank tops, always shirts that cover the back). and when i shower all i use is normal soap (what i've been using all my life). and i haven't changed soap brands for my clothing. any idea what could be causing it? any tips to get rid of scars?

Generally any type of "soap" isn't exactly the best to use especially when you are probably more prone to acne now then you have prior to.

Sometimes acne may show up later on and catch you by surprise. Here are some products and tips many here on the board use to help keep their body acne at bay

• 2.5/5/10% BP Washes/Topicals
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 10% Glycolic Acid (AHA)
  • Head and Shoulder Shampoo
  • Nizoral (1% Ketoconazole)
  • 50mg Zinc
  • Chemical Peels
  • Salicylic Acid(Known to have initial breakout)

Some tips;

• Sunshine
  • Cut out dairy from your diet
  • Loose clothing
  • Avoid Collar Shirts
  • Shower after working out
  • Cold/Lukewarm showers
  • OR Hot-Cold-Hot-Cold method
  • Sweat Induced Exercise

If you had already tried everything mentioned tell me, because it could be something else. Also, remember that you won't see overnight results, so you must give it at least a month for each product to switch, as some may get "worse before better".

hi

I agree with the previous posters list of things which to avoid and try...but I also should add, certain foods can make you break out. Do you have any allergies to dairy or wheat or nuts? It can manifest through acne in a lot of cases. There are a lot of things you can be allergic to but those are the obvious ones.

me, I know if I eat more than small amounts of sugar or especially chocolate I break out in the next few days. Its true!

And sad because I really love it :-(