Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is milia? in short, it is a series of small white bumps on your skin. A simple search on google will give you a more detailed description. here's one link:

I'm sure many of you are familiar with these stubborn nuisances. Here's my case: I never used to have them. Once in a blue moon, i would get one or two near my eyes but they would dissapear in less than a months time. however, in the past six + months my face has been a magnet for milia. My cheeks and chin are covered in patches of the stuff, resulting in an alligator-like texture. At first it was just on a corner if my chin. then it was by my hairline. then it also spread to my right cheek. and now i see it appearing on my left cheek. i'm wondering why it is getting worse. I can't imagine that it's any products that i'm using. i've had acne since i was 12 (now i'm 18) but i would only get big bumps - i'd never have to deal with the itty bitty bumps. any help with removing or at least stopping future milia from occuring? i'm thinking about buying a microdermabrasion kit to make my skin smooth again. any help or idea why this is happening?

it might be clogged pores. all the research i've done seems to focus on the eyes. but the ones on my face won't go away. i exfoliate everday for the past 3+ years (with exfoliating gloves in the shower)

the exfoliating has not helped the bumps, maybe i need to use it with some type of product?

i would then think fungus...try washing those spots with nizoral shampoo or dermadoctors born to be mild cleanser..

I attached a picture. right below the eye and next to the nose are the white bumps, but i am also getting small pimples on my cheek. i went to the derm today and he put me on some stuff

post-153877-1310589531_thumb.jpg

post-153877-1310589531_thumb.jpg

He said i had a lot of buildup beneath the skin and he put me on medicine that he said would bring all of that to the surface to clear me up