Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a simple question : Is it normal (as in, am I not the only one) who thinks about suicide over acne (my acne is moderate if your wondering)? I'm not saying I'm going to by any means, but I'm just saying sometimes I think to myself "Man, I hate my life so fucking much (mostly because of acne) and I'd be better off dead than having to deal with this constant bullshit every day that the majority of people don't have to deal with". I tell my parents all the time that if I ever kill myself, it's because of acne. And the depressing part is my parents tell me to just do it and get it over with. That's how much their sick of me being depressed all the time over my acne. I can't go in public without covering my face up or turning away when someone gets even remotely close to me. It's so embarrassing knowing that I have to do this simply because of acne but it's something I have to do so I don't see people staring and/or laughing at me. Anyways, other things I hate about my life : I'm short (5'7; I'm 18, male) and most of the people with acne are tall males. I'm already embarrased about acne, and being short doesn't help at all. Another thing is I really don't have a lot of friends and I rarely ever talk to females. I've actually LOST friends over my acne and obviously, I'm not going to talk to girls when I have acne. Acne and girls just don't mix. Girls want nothing to do with me because of Acne (and the sad part is I'm actually a decent looking guy but my acne makes me so ugly). There are other reasons I hate my life (believe me, there are) but these are the main ones I can think of right now. I just want to know if there is anyone else out there who has ever thought about Suicide as a way to end it all and get away from Acne and/or a miserable life. I told my Mom straight up today that I can't get any enjoyment out of my life until my acne goes away (if it ever does). I want to get a job, but I can't because of my skin. I want to get a girlfriend, but I can't because of my skin. I want to do a lot of things but acne always holds me back. My life is so miserable. I just need help (and God NEVER wants to help me). God hates me and I don't know why. He helps everybody else out by not only giving them such clear, perfect skin but also helps them when their in a crisis, and I'm in a crisis right now obviously when I'm thinking to myself that killing myself would be better than living and he still will not help. *sigh* FML.

It's normal for 18 years old to struggle with all sorts of issues. Be it acne or anything else. Yes, having acne or any other skin condition is going to be a challenge to deal with, psychologically. But it's nothing to kill yourself over. Also, you might have acne but many other people, believe it or not, have even bigger problems at your age.

You'll get past your acne in time, I promise you.

Now for further help regarding your dark thoughts I'd advise you to seek help elsewhere. Threads like this get closed out of precaution on acne.org. You really need to find someone like a good psychologist to talk to about all of this.

I wish you all the best and remember that your problems can be dealt with.

Hi Kody_R_F.

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a hard time coping with acne, but please check with a counselor on this issue.

While you may voice various issues at these forums, we strongly feel this is not a suitable place to share suicidal thoughts with other members. We have instituted this policy due to past experiences with suicide threads attracting all sorts of hideously unsupportive and nasty behavior; not only that, no one here is equipped to deal with such a psychiatric emergency. You are welcome to elicit support on topics that do not touch on suicide in any way.

I strongly encourage you to seek a professional's assistance on this matter.

Information about professional assistance can be found here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/resources...lai-t16184.html

In the meantime, please visit the following website and make sure to read the entire page: http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/.

To help you understand why moderators always close suicide threads, please have a look at the following topic: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Suicide-t...ds-t235664.html