Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flowxa

Are these hyperpigmentation or some other scars? D:

I recently got these "scars" after i had a cystic breakout on the side of my face. Are these actual scars or are they hyperpigmentation, like red/dark marks? I think they're just marks, but the thing is I have another cluster of these from another cystic breakout a year before and they're still there! I read that marks should fade away in about 6 months but mine haven't....

Well regardless of what they are, is there any way to fade these? Its so bad that I would rather have the cysts than these marks... at least the cysts were the same skin color as my face so it wasn't THAT noticable... the scars are way worse than the acne :/

post-148029-1310059537_thumb.jpg

post-148029-1310059537_thumb.jpg

I recently got these "scars" after i had a cystic breakout on the side of my face. Are these actual scars or are they hyperpigmentation, like red/dark marks? I think they're just marks, but the thing is I have another cluster of these from another cystic breakout a year before and they're still there! I read that marks should fade away in about 6 months but mine haven't....

Well regardless of what they are, is there any way to fade these? Its so bad that I would rather have the cysts than these marks... at least the cysts were the same skin color as my face so it wasn't THAT noticable... the scars are way worse than the acne :/

Looks like hyperpigmentation to me. Leave it alone and it will go away within a few weeks- months.

I didn't exactly leave the other side alone (used products like toner, tea tree oil, masks, etc etc) but its been about a year and it still hasn't gone away... :S

So what will? And if these products didn't have a negative impact on the marks, why are they still there?

So what will? And if these products didn't have a negative impact on the marks, why are they still there?

They don't have a negative impact on marks, they are just used to treat acne.

Hi..Whenever I have any post acneic red marks I apply Zincofax ExtraStrength cream to them. This is the same cream mothers apply to their babies bottoms to treat diaper rash. Its a thicker consistency so when I apply them to any red marks I may have on my face I make sure I place a tea towel on my pillow case so that the residue doesnt get on the pillow.

I know that haha, but GreenEyes33 said if I leave them alone it would go away, but it hasn't. So I'm wondering why. And what products would help me?

Thank you Shandon5, I'll look into Zincofax ExtraStrength cream for sure.

And does Bio Oil? Any of you guys tried it?

I know that haha, but GreenEyes33 said if I leave them alone it would go away, but it hasn't. So I'm wondering why. And what products would help me?

Thank you Shandon5, I'll look into Zincofax ExtraStrength cream for sure.

And does Bio Oil? Any of you guys tried it?

Hi..I tried Bio Oil...I don't care for it...I find it too greasy

Bio Oil broke me out like CRAZY. Oh my goodness, never again... I do not recommend using that stuff. Maybe you could try papaya soap? It might help speed up the fading. (: It's drying though, so you need to be diligent with moisturizing.

Only thing that i can think of, is to suggest that you use alpha hydroxy acid products/glycolic acid products. Its helps with improving the skin tone and hyperpigmentation.

You need to be patient with it because, in order to see good improvement it will take about 3-7 weeks. And for it to fully clear up, you may have to wait 4 or 5 months. I have some marks that have been slowly fading for about 6 months, now, but that is without any AHA on it. Since i have been using AHA, it is clearing up faster. I feel as if in 1 month or 2, the mark should be gone.

You can try AHA+ from Dans Regimen or Alpha Hydrox Products.

Retinol products also help fade marks, but they also come with an intial breakout (i dont think you want to go through that). For this reason, i think AHA is the best solution for marks.

Research more on AHA. :)

Good luck.

Hi..I tried Bio Oil...I don't care for it...I find it too greasy

Yeah it is pretty greasy, don't like that about it.

Bio Oil broke me out like CRAZY. Oh my goodness, never again... I do not recommend using that stuff. Maybe you could try papaya soap? It might help speed up the fading. (: It's drying though, so you need to be diligent with moisturizing.

I've been using Bio Oil for about 2 weeks now, and no breakouts thank god. But, I can't tell if theres been any improvement or not... definitely not dramatic, but whether there has been a little I don't know. I will definitely look into papaya soap, but atm I don't use moisturizer at all. Nor cleanser for that matter. I used it before and it didn't seem to do anything whatsoever so I stopped. Only thing I use now is Bio Oil and Clindoxyl Gel for spot treatment, while taking minocycline orally.

Only thing that i can think of, is to suggest that you use alpha hydroxy acid products/glycolic acid products. Its helps with improving the skin tone and hyperpigmentation.

You need to be patient with it because, in order to see good improvement it will take about 3-7 weeks. And for it to fully clear up, you may have to wait 4 or 5 months. I have some marks that have been slowly fading for about 6 months, now, but that is without any AHA on it. Since i have been using AHA, it is clearing up faster. I feel as if in 1 month or 2, the mark should be gone.

You can try AHA+ from Dans Regimen or Alpha Hydrox Products.

Retinol products also help fade marks, but they also come with an intial breakout (i dont think you want to go through that). For this reason, i think AHA is the best solution for marks.

Research more on AHA. :)

Good luck.

The thing is, I've had these same marks before on the other side of my face for a year now, and they STILL haven't cleared up, which scares me :/ they've faded some, but definitely still very noticeable. I don't want these on my face for the rest of my life. Can I buy any AHA products at Wal Mart or my local drug store or do I have to order this stuff? Is there any specific brand that's best? I will still do my own research, but if you can tell me it would be great :) Thanks very much, your response has been the most helpful so far! Hopefully by the time school starts (2 months) this crap on my face will be gone...

The brand you will need to look for, is called Alpha Hydrox (part of NeoCosmetics). Or try, Dan's AHA+. Its pretty much the same in terms of the active ingredients. Good luck, also there are many other brands that have alpha hydroxy acid products. DDF and NeoStrata are two more examples.

Neutrogena also has their Healthy Skin Alpha Hydroxy Lotion with SPF 15. It helps to fade marks very slowly. It is kind of greasy, but it is noncomedogenic (obliviously lol =] ).

There are many out there, you just need to head out to the stores and see what they have to offer. Also talk to the cosmetian (spelling?) and get their advice as well. Good luck. :)