Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarr

Hyaluronic acid switched off BEWARE

Accutane certainly dries you out while on it but I didnt think it would continue once I stopped it. Been easily 8 months now and I'm bone dry with sore joints and follicilitis on my face. Anyone figured out how to make the body produce more HA? Or get my sebum back?

A search through google seems to say retinoic acid would help with HA production, to bad Retinoic acid is a metabolite of vitamin A. No thanks.

Oh and why do people stay away from Vitamin A after Accutane for years, can I ever take it again?

Hey Scar, did your sebum plugs all go away? I took acctuane a few times 5 years ago and my sebum plugs are becoming terrible now. Just wondering how yours are? I also get bad folliculitis from accutane now

Someone posted about a liquid form of HA that seems to work good, and yes there are many out there who have been bone dry for years after taking just 1 course of Accutane! Yes, some of us suffers have worse side effects when ingesting certian foods containing Vit A and I don't even touch a vitamin with A in it.

What have you tried?

Accutane certainly dries you out while on it but I didnt think it would continue once I stopped it. Been easily 8 months now and I'm bone dry with sore joints and follicilitis on my face. Anyone figured out how to make the body produce more HA? Or get my sebum back?

A search through google seems to say retinoic acid would help with HA production, to bad Retinoic acid is a metabolite of vitamin A. No thanks.

Oh and why do people stay away from Vitamin A after Accutane for years, can I ever take it again?

Funny you say about reinoid acid, because that's exactly what accutane is!