Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snthvfmt

Found something that irradicated my bacne

My bacne: lots of little bumps on arms and chest, moderate zits on back

Products that work: only Dan's AHA+, but too costly and cumbersome

My solution: PUMICE STONE!!!!!!!

I suds up my back with Purpose Bar, and lightly run a pumice stone over my affected areas. It feels soooooo good, like I am scratching an itch that was waiting to be scratched. I wouldn't do this if you had sensitive skin or if this hurts. Your body has a way of letting you know what is good for you and what isn't.

My results:

No bacne for the first time in 4 years. Only took about a week for everything to clear up. Everything except for AHA+ has made it worse. I suggest this for people who benefit from the exfoliation of AHA+, but don't want to spend any money or find it annoying to apply lotions to your back all the time.

Give it a try! I sure as heck am glad I did!

has anyone else tried this?

its cheap so worth a shot. I might try it out.

how long before u saw any results?

No one else on the internet seems to have tried it. It is incredibly cheap. I noticed results in literally three days. Again, everyone has different acne. I believe mine was due to lack of exfoliation.

The Purpose bar is certainly not necessary. However, I have stayed the clearest (certainly not completely clear) using it. Now I have no bacne AT ALL! Perfect timing for summer and college!

Peace guys

I went to Walgreens to try and find a Pumice Stone but couldn't find one. I'll try another Walgreens tomorrow or go to Wal-Mart.

I think instead of using a purpose bar, I'm going to try a dove moisturizing bar for sensitive skin. Considering I'll be exfoliating heavily with the stone, the moisture will probably be helpful?

Hopefully going to start trying this tomorrow as long as I can find everything. I'll keep you guys updated whoever is interested.

I'm interested! I don't know about the soap man. I'm no dermatologist, but dove has always really broken me out. However, different strokes for different folks. If it has worked for you, go for it.

What I like about Purpose is that it has worked so well with my bacne. It cleans very effectively, removes oil, doesn't dry, and doesn't leave any stuff behind like dove does. It just cleans and washes off. But go with your gut. You know your skin better than I do.

They sell pumice stones by the foot products. I have an oval one.

I went and bought a Pumice Stone but also came across a "gentle" facial sponge. I used the pumice stone on my body with this new gold bond deep moisture body wash ( saw and it just thought I'd give it a try instead of the dove stuff ) and the facial sponge with NO cleanser, just water. The sponge felt great on my face and the pumice stone was kind of hard to use on my body and felt rather weird. The stone I got is kind of small and doesn't have a whole lot of area to it. It was the only one I found.

Anyway, later that night I tried the facial sponge on my body and it felt great. Felt like I got the same effect as the pumice stone but much easier and the sponge held the body wash much better and was able to lather better. Whenever I bought the "gentle" facial sponge I remember seeing a "normal" one also. I might go back and buy that one also and try that one for my body and the gentle one for my face, not too sure how big of a difference the two are.

You think these will get me the same kind of results as the pumice stone?

Edited by Michaelangelo

I went and bought a Pumice Stone but also came across a "gentle" facial sponge. I used the pumice stone on my body with this new gold bond deep moisture body wash ( saw and it just thought I'd give it a try instead of the dove stuff ) and the facial sponge with NO cleanser, just water. The sponge felt great on my face and the pumice stone was kind of hard to use on my body and felt rather weird. The stone I got is kind of small and doesn't have a whole lot of area to it. It was the only one I found.

Yeah, the stone feels weird haha

You think these will get me the same kind of results as the pumice stone?

Not sure bud. I just know that the Purpose + Pumice combo was the key to clear skin for me.

This raises a point: find a soap that works best for you and EXFOLIATE. If you accomplish this with your set up, then there you go.

I do want to reiterate my result timing. It was almost immediate. Three days to be exact. Day one - nothing. Day two - acne gone way down/scabbed over. Day three - previous zits pretty much gone + smoooooth skin. If things at all get worse, I would stop and try something else.