Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
milkisgood

DORYX (Doxycycline Hyclate) and Aczone

Hello there. I'm totally new to this website and I just decided to like post a little blog thing.

Anyways, I'm a younger person. (under the age of 18)

In June I went to the dermatologist for the first time for my acne. He prescribed me Minocycline and Ziana. I saw no improvement or change in my skin whatsoever for 10 days. But at 10 days I woke up extreeeeemely itchy and yessss I had an allergic reaction to the Minocycline. So he took me off of that and prescribed me doryx which is doxycycline... and Aczone.

Hows my acne? Well I don't have much of a problem with huge pimples it's mainly just tonnnnnns of whiteheads on my forehead and a few red zits but seriously my main problem is whiteheads. It's been about a week that I've been taking Doryx and Aczone. And I see little improvement with my white heads but I do see SOME improvement. I take Doryx before bed at night 2 hours after dinner. And apply Aczone mainly at night but sometimes twice a day.....

WHITEHEADS Are SOOOOOO ANNNNOYING.

Any luck with Aczone or Doryx? Letttt me know.

Day 8:

Once again, little to no improvement.

Actually, I woke up this morning and my chin/neck area was really broken out. So I applied some handy dandy benzoyl peroxide cream and of course some Aczone and now random splotches of my chin are yellowy orange......probably some reaction with the two products.

It's about 8:30 here and I plan to take Doryx at around 9.

Still have white heads ALL over my forehead. It's verrrry frustrating. :(

Day 10:

I still have basically the same amount of whiteheads.

I have very little new pimples, just one big one on my forehead that I popped.

My body acne is gradually disappearing.

My skin looks less red/discolored.

Day 12:

So it's been almost 2 weeks and my skin looks terrible. I have maybe 8 new HUGE zits on my forehead and the exact same amount of whiteheads as usual.

Is this stuff supposed to get worse before it gets better? because right now my skin looks terrible.

I thought maybe for a second this regimen was working??? This is so frustrating.

I'll give it a few more weeks.

Just fyi: I take Doryx 150mg at around 9:30pm on average, and I apply Aczone at around noon and before I go to sleep.

Day 23:

HELLO! I am back. I was on vacation and I switched up my regimen a bit:

-Now I apply a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream (from CVS) INSTEAD of Aczone on basically my whole forehead and other problem areas and it works GREAT. A little drying but who cares. :P

-I'm still on Doryx 150mg and still take it at around 9:30pm.

I still wake up with a few new zits but they aren't that bad and the b.p zaps it away in a day. It's brought all of those "whiteheads" to a head. (I've been mixing whiteheads up with little bumps, so in my previous posts I was actually talking about bumps, not whiteheads.) So to clarify, it's brought my BUMPS to a head which is GOOD. My skin looks really really really good. I don't use Aczone anymore and I haven't in like 3 days and my skin looks sooooo good.

Sooooooo I just usebenzoyl peroxide, doryx, a nuetrogena oil free fresh foaming gentle face cleanser and a nuetrogena moisturizer on the dry spots.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Day 26:

So, I got really sunburned yesterday just on my face.

My nose is blistering, but that's what I get for not wearing sunscreen.

I have one new active pimple on my face...maybe 2? I don't remember.

Anyways I can't really tell which product is working better, the Doryx 150 mg or the benzoyl peroxide. I think it's the bp because it literally just burns the zits which is great. I've noticed where the old pimples were, there are like huge red dots. But that's okay.

I haven't really been eating that healthy. Last week I had maybe 5 coca-colas and tons of sugar. And I just ate pancakes and I drink milk all of the time.

But overall it's been a little over 3 weeks on doxy and it seems to be doing rather well. ;)

DAY 30:

So it's been thirty days. That's a realllllly long time. And to be completely honest, I don't really see a huge amazing difference at all. It's annoying. You'd think after 30 days things would start to look up, but I now have about 5 new active pimples on my face/neck area.

DAY 50:

SORRY GUYS! It's been twenty days since I have posted here. My skin overall looks OKAY. It's not dramatically clear, or smooth, but actually I have a few active pimples and my skin is super dry. Probably due to the benzoyl peroxide. I did something stupid two days ago...I "tanned". I should probably just say I "burned". Hahahaha. My skin looks at least 65% better than it did fifty days ago which is AWESOME! I feel like it hasn't been FIFTY days though....it's gone by soooooo fast. But overall, I believe it's working...but I think the things I eat (sugary, chocolatey, greasy things) have a lot to do with the condition of my face. I know it's not proven or anything, but I really do think it does.

-most of those "little bumps" are completely gone.

Edited by milkisgood

DAY 63 (beginning on month 3):

WOW! Yesterday night I took my first pill of the THIRD month! This stuff seems to be working very effectively.

Very little active pimples, no "little bumps" (this stuff destroys those pesky little things), redness around my nose & chin is vanishing and my skin just looks overall CLEARER!

10% BENZOYL PEROXIDE and 150mg DOXYCYCLINE seem to be BFFs! :)

29 more days and let's see what happens...

I was prescribed 150mg of doryx with epiduo. I gotta say that the doryx helps but the side effects are getting annoying.

Are you tired or get flu like symptoms after taking it? It seems like a couple hrs after i take my doryx i get tired, sleepy but cant sleep, and in the worst case i get the chills. After a couple hrs that seems to go away.Sucks when your at work... good thing is i can seclude myself sometimes (:

I take it after i eat around noon which is what the derm told me (he even told me the pharmacy would say to take it on an empty stomach[which they did] but told me to ignore them.. lol? )