Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrsinister

Question regarding body acne

Hello.

I recently had a break out of red bumps on my skin (around 6 days ago). I went to the dermatologist and he diagnosed it as body acne. He prescribed me the following:

-Azelaic acid 20% cream

-Azithromycin tablets

-Clindamycin 1% lotion

I wanted to ask, how long before I should expect improvement in my acne?

I've been using the above for around 5 days now and didn't observe any noticeable difference, aside from that a lot of the bumps now seem to hold a little water in them.

I don't have any prior experience with Azelaic acid 20% cream or Azithromycin tablets, but I have used Clindamycin 1% GEL for my face and that cleared it right up.

Do you think you only have mild acne? Have you tried any over the counter products before discussing any of this with your dermatologist?

I don't have any prior experience with Azelaic acid 20% cream or Azithromycin tablets, but I have used Clindamycin 1% GEL for my face and that cleared it right up.

Do you think you only have mild acne? Have you tried any over the counter products before discussing any of this with your dermatologist?

Thanks for your response, first of all.

Secondly, no, I think I have moderate acne. I don't have a lot on my back, but there's a lot of acne on my upper chest and neck.

And no, I didn't try anything, other than applying a moisturizer just once. I went to the doctor immediately the next day and started this treatment right away.

How long did it take for Clindamycin to heal your face?

I saw improvement within a week, but the face is different from the body. I suggest sticking to what your dermatologist had prescribed you. If you don't see at least some improvement after a month, go make another appointment to discuss other alternatives.

Guest davidtheskinking

Good luck with those,

I don't see them doing much, I would recommend a new dermatologist! lol

I think they are too harsh on the skin, that's why something that's more soothing and healing to the skin is important.

Some creams attack the acne, while others soothe and heal... The one's that attack may seem to be the best but in the long run the one's that soothe and heal the acne over time.

This is what i've learned with the creams that i've used.

Body Acne can tolerate harsher yet more effective creams. He doesn't need a new dermatologist as they know more than some stranger on the Internet.