Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acowles

Retin A + Clinamycin

Yeah hi, this is my first post here. :) I've been using retin a + clindamycin combo for a little over 3 months now. I don't see really a difference from when I started. Do you think they both lost effectiveness? :think: sorry if this question is too vague, im not really sure what to write!

Edited by acowles

Little strange if it hasn't been working out for you for over 3 months now. I suggest talking to your dermatologist about it and switching to other alternatives.

I know seems weird to me too. It seems like my skin becomes clear, and then I break out again.

I was actually reading at some archive threads and found out that some retinoids take up to 3 months before seeing any results whatsoever. Maybe give it another week or two before consulting with your dermatologist.

Keep in mind I'm not really that experienced when it comes to retinoids, but more so clindamycin which I saw results in a wekk.

Edited by psycho

I actually have another question. I've been applying moisturizer and then applying retin-a 20-30 mins after that. Have I been doing it backwards; is it retin-a first and then 20-30 mins later, apply lotion??

I actually have another question. I've been applying moisturizer and then applying retin-a 20-30 mins after that. Have I been doing it backwards; is it retin-a first and then 20-30 mins later, apply lotion??

Usually it's applying a topical then followed up by a moisturizer.