Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ajhall101

Can a cleanser really clog pores?

I have been using the Clearasil Daily Face wash for a couple of months. I have noticed that after I was my face, it seems like the cream cleanser is stuck in the pores of my nose. When I look in the mirror, my pores are filled with white stuff. Is it normal for a cream cleanser to do this, or am I not washing my face properly? Should I switch to another cleanser?

I know that even "good " cleansers can have bad effects for your skin.

I keep hearing about these parabens...what the bleep are they and why are they in our products?

At this point I kind of like the idea of water only...it works for alot of people...but I think I might switch to at least a natural cleanser until I get up the nerve to try water only.

Just get a really simple cleanser, like the one I use, boots daily wash. You get it into a lather, put it on your face and it washes off instantly, its great :)

Yeah, it's happened to me a couple times. Actually, the Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle wash was one of the main offenders for me (the 3rd ingredient seems to be Sodium Chloride) so the cleanser doesn't even have to be cream to do it. Even when it happens though, I only seem to develop teeny tiny clogged pores.

I know that even "good " cleansers can have bad effects for your skin.

I keep hearing about these parabens...what the bleep are they and why are they in our products?

At this point I kind of like the idea of water only...it works for alot of people...but I think I might switch to at least a natural cleanser until I get up the nerve to try water only.