Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*allie*

Pale skin foundation

I'm about as pale as they come and i can never find a foundation that's as light as my skin. i always look orange! even if i try the lightest shade. also, i do have acne so i need something that will cover it :P any suggestions????

I'm about as pale as they come and i can never find a foundation that's as light as my skin. i always look orange! even if i try the lightest shade. also, i do have acne so i need something that will cover it :P any suggestions????

I have that same problem! I am wearing the lightest Origins liquid foundation but I'm not so sure it isn't contributing to my break outs. Someone suggested Mac to me but I've read a lot of reviews that say it's not good for acne sufferers so I'm scared to try it. Mainly because it's so expensive. Hopefully more peeps will chime in and give us some suggestions. :-)

Honestly, you might want to try a korean BB cream. I used to use asian BB creams because American ones are too orange or pink for my face, but korean ones are pale and cool. I used Etude house BB whitening cream, and my mom uses the Skin 79 Oriental cream. (16 for Etude, $25 for Skin 79).

I would suggest you buy the Skin 79 one. It comes with a tinted blush/liptint. :D

I'm super pale too, and drugstore foundations are ALWAYS too pink for me. Always. And I've tried almost all of them. The only thing that seems to be brilliant with coverage + long lasting + not *that* pink (but still pink) is Colorstay.

I recently tried Mehron's Celebre HD Pro Creme foundation, and it's pretty good. If you have *severe* acne though, stay away from it. However, it does come in shades that are so light, it matches the forum board color. They're not pink either.

Bare mineralsis too dark/orange for my pale skin tone. If you want to find a good, cheap and better quality mineral foundation, I highly suggest Everyday Minerals. Probably the best mineral foundation for acne that I've found so far (really great coverage too). BM is overrated imo and made me break out.

I use Clinque blemish control foundation in Pale 01 and have started using a 100% mineral powder called Lily Lolo. It's a uk based company but you can get it over the internet. I recommend it. You can get a shade called porcelian which, yes, really is very light indeed. Only problem is I find the coverage a little sheer but by applying clinque foundation just on my red marks and spots, this ALMOST sorts the problem out.

I have never broken out with either of these products.

Unfortunately, the clinque kind is still a little too orange on my skin but I'll not be using anything else as my skin has settled on this and has decided to like/tolerate it!

I use Clinque blemish control foundation in Pale 01 and have started using a 100% mineral powder called Lily Lolo. It's a uk based company but you can get it over the internet. I recommend it. You can get a shade called porcelian which, yes, really is very light indeed. Only problem is I find the coverage a little sheer but by applying clinque foundation just on my red marks and spots, this ALMOST sorts the problem out.

Unfortunately, the clinque kind is still a little too orange on my skin but I'll not be using anything else as my skin has settled on this and has decided to like/tolerate it!

I can't deal with the orangeness! I was about to try that Clinique foundation but not now. LOL! I should prolly let my skin get used to the regimen before I switch foundations huh?

I just ordered an Everyday Minerals Fair sample kit. There are way too many people on here saying it's the best not to at least give it a try.

I'm very pale (ty red hair), and I use MUFE usually. But I've noticed that Illamasqua has some light shades, but idk if that will break you out or not. I like their other products though. Never tried the foundation/powder! They have a literally white foundation, so if you're really THAT pale... haha

I'm very pale (ty red hair), and I use MUFE usually. But I've noticed that Illamasqua has some light shades, but idk if that will break you out or not. I like their other products though. Never tried the foundation/powder! They have a literally white foundation, so if you're really THAT pale... haha

I think I am going to try it! :D I love liquid foundation...mainly because it covers my blemishes. Hopefully my skin will clear and I can use a mineral powder foundation later on. So...the MUFE doesn't cause you to breakout? Thanks!

I think I am going to try it! :D I love liquid foundation...mainly because it covers my blemishes. Hopefully my skin will clear and I can use a mineral powder foundation later on. So...the MUFE doesn't cause you to breakout? Thanks!

No, it hasn't yet, and I've had it for a while. Although I will say, if you have dry skin, I'd hesitate. Whenever I have a dry patch of skin, the HD foundation (I probably should have mentioned that's the kind I use) magnifies it like crazyyy.

I'm also trying their full cover concealer. It's... ehh.

I am very fair skinned and freckled and I am OBSESSED with Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. I use the regular formula although they have an oil free. It never makes me look orange or fake and it feels really good on my skin.

I am very fair skinned and freckled and I am OBSESSED with Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. I use the regular formula although they have an oil free. It never makes me look orange or fake and it feels really good on my skin.

Ooh I've been wanting to try that now that my skin isn't as redmarked and acne ridden as it was a few months ago, lol.

Have you tried Alima Pure? They have 61 foundation shades! The nice thing about their foundation is that it doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride (Bare Minerals and several other big name mineral lines do) which can sometimes irritate the skin and cause acne in some folks. I also sometimes use Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer, the non-oil-free version. It works really well too.

Good luck!

I am pretty pale but I also have sensitive skin so I have to be careful what products I use. I've been using Lorac Natural Performance foundation for about a year now, and it works pretty well. I'm not gonna say it matches my skin tone perfectly, I haven't found ANY that do but once I spread it on you can't tell its there so that's good enough for me.

Have you tried Alima Pure? They have 61 foundation shades! The nice thing about their foundation is that it doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride (Bare Minerals and several other big name mineral lines do) which can sometimes irritate the skin and cause acne in some folks. I also sometimes use Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer, the non-oil-free version. It works really well too.

Good luck!

Alima Pure broke me out within 4 hours of wearing it. It sucked because I thought I could finally stop wearing liquid foundation and let my skin breathe with natural products. It seems any kind of mineral infused makeup breaks me out. The Revlon mineral blushes break me out too. I have learned to stay away from anything with minerals.

I've realized that with porcelain skin, I have to do a little more work than others. I wear mineral foundation, and buy pure white mixer so that I can customize my own perfect shade. Obviously, if you're sensitive to minerals this won't work for you, but I recently started doing the same thing with concealer. I had a hell of a time finding a concealer that was light enough for me (they just don't exist!) so I bought the lightest shade of a drugstore brand, and a WHITE concealer, which a lot of drugstore brands offer, and I mixed them and apply with a concealer brush. Takes a little patience to perfect the shade, but once you've got it, it works pretty miraculously! No more orange concealer spots! The two concealers I used were Physicians formula gentle cover concealer in Light, and Maybelline Coverstick in white. Surprisingly, neither made me break out.

As far as loose powder, I use Palladio rice powder in translucent (available at Sally), and for pressed, I use Amazing Cosmetics powderset, also translucent. Both work great for pale skin, and again, neither has made me break out.

Ok...I settled for the Neutrogena healthy skin liquid makeup in Classic Ivory and it matches really well. I'm a cheap ass so I just couldn't bring myself pay that much for the MUFE plus I had a coupon for the Neutrogena. LOL! I decided to try and just put the makeup on my blemishes instead of all over like I have been doing all my life and I feel like my skin can actually breathe now! I haven't been able to do this in the past because the foundation never matched this well. Just hoping I don't break out now. Fingers crossed! I got the Everyday Minerals trial kit on Saturday...not sure if I want to try it now. Hmmmm...

Just a heads up, Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid makeup broke me out (although I loved it and wore it for literally years before I realized this). The fourth ingredient is ethylhexyl palmitate which is comedogenic. :(

I stopped using it maybe 2 months ago and my skin is definitely better, but of course everyone's skin reacts differently and maybe you won't have any problems with it--I hope you don't!

Ok...I settled for the Neutrogena healthy skin liquid makeup in Classic Ivory and it matches really well. I'm a cheap ass so I just couldn't bring myself pay that much for the MUFE plus I had a coupon for the Neutrogena. LOL! I decided to try and just put the makeup on my blemishes instead of all over like I have been doing all my life and I feel like my skin can actually breathe now! I haven't been able to do this in the past because the foundation never matched this well. Just hoping I don't break out now. Fingers crossed! I got the Everyday Minerals trial kit on Saturday...not sure if I want to try it now. Hmmmm...

I use Loreal true match in porcelain. It's pretty pale. The palest I've ever found.

I'm neutral skin toned, so it matches me pretty well.

I also need to note that I've never tried any higher brand foundations like MAC, or anything like that. I've seen/heard they have a pretty good selection pale wise. I've tried Estee Lauder, but that didn't match me.

This foundation that DOES match me is pretty cheap and affordable as well.

Edited by Vampireninja09

Thanks for the suggestions! recently I've tried m.a.c and colourstay in the lightest shades and they were both far too dark (especially m.a.c) and broke me out :( right now i'm using the lush colour supplement in 'jackie oates' which is their lightest shade and it is still just a bit too orange for my skin but it's not so bad actually, and it doesn't break me out AT ALL. So i think i'll stick with that. also - does anyone know where I can buy a white foundation to mix in with other foundations?

I second the Lily Lolo recommendation. It really is very pale, no hint of orange or pink whatsoever. In fact, it might be too pale for my skin which is something I never thought I would say! I imagine it would be perfect for red heads. You can order a cheap sample pot to test out the colours too, and by mixing the palest shade (porecelain) with the second palest shade I can get something that matches my skin tone really well.

Just a heads up, Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid makeup broke me out (although I loved it and wore it for literally years before I realized this). The fourth ingredient is ethylhexyl palmitate which is comedogenic. :(

I stopped using it maybe 2 months ago and my skin is definitely better, but of course everyone's skin reacts differently and maybe you won't have any problems with it--I hope you don't!

I haven't had any issues yet but it's really hard to tell right now since I just got the Mirena IUD removed and I have changed up my regimen a bit. I love the makeup though...goes on very smoothly, doesn't fell heavy and it matches my skin tone almost perfectly. Thanks for the heads up...if I still break out in a few weeks I will consider changing.

i am: redhead. pale.

my makeup: right now i'm actually using loreal true match in C1: alabaster. this is their lightest shade in the "cool" undertones. i've never thought of myself as being "cool" undertoned but i am certainly shaded with pink. and thats what this foundation is. it's damn near light pink, so it is spot on for me.

i'm also a fan of everyday minerals. i use their shade called "sandy fair" and find that it suits me. i use this for extra coverage and to sort of set the liquid foundation.

Edited by rieann

If you want a liquid foundation, I was using Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation for a while and it never broke me out. I'm pretty pale too and the colour match was quite good. It's a drugstore foundation too so it might be easy to source depending on where you are. :) I use a mineral powder foundation now that I'm a bit clearer called Nude By Nature, I don't know if this is available outside of Australia... :think: