Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had acne since 7th grade.

Now that i'm 17, i never go out without makeup because my friends have beautiful skins. Every time i see a 'normal' face with just 'ok skin', i always wish that skin were mine.

They don't even care about it, when i try my very best to get that skin. they will never knOw what i had gone through. they eat what ever they want. They can go out whenever they want without 30minsmakeup.

I even thought of my perfect suicide(jumping from somewhere high) i ask myself thousands times: why me? Why can't i walk free under the sun? Why can't i stop thinking about my makeup wear off? Why can't i look people in their eyes? Why can't i wear that pretty dress? Why do i have PCOS that make my hormones and everything else go crazy? Why do i have 'bad genes'? Why can't I JUST LIVE LIKE A NORMAL PERSON? why is my life filled with fear, with sadness? I don't even want to meet anyone.

Then a question just popped: why not me? There are always someone who takes the hit. God's will, or fate, or whatever you think it is.

So now i'm standing up again. I will eat that low glycemic diet, i will never stop finding products that work for me. I will take the hit, i will take it all.

That's a good attitude Annie. I've had some of those same feelings. Thinking why me, wanting to die, being jealous of other people etc. The thing is other people are jealous of me for other reasons (like that i"m skinny - hard not to be on my diet, lol). A low glycemic diet can help with PCOS symptoms, that's a good thing to try. It's much better for us to keep trying and work towards finding solutions then just feeling bad about our situation.

thanks melissa. I actually have an "ok diet", i refuse to eat everything containing flour, dairy products, .... BUT that's not enough, so I will follow a strict low gi diet from now on. I also drink peppermint tea, hope it will help balance my hormones :(

I won't stop untill i wonnnn :wall:

Are you on any kind of medication for your PCOS? You should consider Aldactone/Spironolactone. That's what I use for my outrageous hormones, and it works really well. You don't notice significant results until about 2 months in, but it really helps with my hormonal acne and excessive hair growth.

Man, you preety much just described my attitude. I'm the same way. When I go out in public, it seems everybody else has such clear skin and they could give a fuck less about their skin because it's not an issue. I also think about why I have to get acne and preety much nobody else has to deal with it. And when I start thinking about how everybody else can eat what they want, drink what they want, etc. without any consequences, it really makes me sick knowing that used to be me prior to acne.

@sima: yeah i used to take some birth control pills ~2,3 years ago but it didn't work and the doctor didn't want me to take it (she was so USELESS) as soon as i stopped taking it my cycle went crazy again. My acne is ridiculous: if it clear this year, it will come back next year, then another "clear" year, the come back. I really miss my 10th grade year when i had pretty clear skin and enjoyed "normal" moments. Oh i saw your album, lovely skin, so happy for you ;)

@kody: yeah i guess all of us have those feelings.

@rubberduck: i know everyone has their own problems. But it's like i'm a teenager, i have to solve those problems like them: school, parents... PLUS ACNE. at least they can keep their face straght when they're talking to others:(

you are very brave annie...and i also like the way you think...but not when you were thinking about suicide...suicide is not the solution...everything in this life has a solution...everything! and suicide is only for coward people who can´t face their very own problems. so...take the ´´suicide thing´´ out of your mind. because is not going to solve your problems...and when you commit suicide...you will not be able to walk under the sun...you are not going to be able to wear that dress that you like the most...you are not going to be able to hang out with your friends...you are not going to be able to enjoy what you like to do. you are so young...so beautiful...so full of energy...why thinking about suicide? people who are 24/7 in a hospital in order to be alive. and you are lucky to have a good health and you don´t need to be in a hospital. think about that.

keep on fighting...that´s what is going to make you a warrior and not a coward. imagine if all the humans beings that are in this world...would think that suicide is the solution to everything...then the world be empty with no humans. annie those people that you see that have clear skin...that doesn´t mean they live a wonderful life...some people have clear skin...but they are worry about other problems like maybe...relationships, diseases, money etc. so...we all have problems...and we always want something that we don´t have. so...enjoy life...i know is hard specially when nowdays we see those models in fashion magazines...or tv commercials that they tell you that you should look perfect bla bla bla. that´s bullshit.

i always get tired of saying this but i´ll say it again...when someone has a great personality (not in a cocky way) people see that...and they are going to see that you are a strong person...and they are not going to tease you because of your acne UNLESS THEY ARE JEALOUS OF YOU. we have to be strong so those stupid people that are out there won´t try to put us down...by telling negative things about us. we gotta change, life is beautiful and we only live it once.

^

yeah everytime i think of suicide i just dump it out of my mind because i think about my parents and the awesome life i will have some day.

People just can't understand because they have perfect skin all their life. They comment about other's acne because they're confident, they say hey that girl has bad acne just to SAY, just because they can say that. Like when i see some one have bad acne i feel so sorry for him/her but my friends feel gross and think he/she doesn't wash her face properly. Not because they're jealous but they can't understand.

I really think acne makes us stronger. It may makes us suffer, but it help us understand the meaning of life. We always look forward to our 'clear day'

If you do jump make it the empire state building That would e coool :D It would be really high and all like BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRR fffffffffffffffff and you can do flips and fly Like a birdie. yay !! :D

But more seriously . Sry I'm tired, and when I'm tired I act drunk x_x ..

Brr

alright.

What is your diet like and, what do you put on your skin?.

Yawn

... Head explodes... sleepzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by AthleticHunta

^ lol i laughed so hard reading ur post. I eat mostly meat, vegetables, fruits, and blackbeans ( very low glycemic load) sometimes oatmeal. No dairy, sugar blah blah... I'm experimenting with some natural products: organic cleanser and toner, moisturizer with aloe vera added some rosewood oil (OMG I CAN'T FIND TEA TREE OIL HERE). Exfoliate with baking soda ( i don't know but AHA doesn't work for me anymore :( )

Anniej: DON'T LET ACNE WIIIIN! Hahaa. :) But I love your positivity and determination! :)

AthelticHunta: Your post was funny. When I get rrrreeeaaallllly tired I act like I am drunk too!!! Hahahaa :D

Edited by Jennaaaay

^ nah i 've tried antibiotics (tetra and doxy) , bcps, retinoids (retin a, differin), counless otc products :( may cleared me for few months then acne came back. Now i really think that's my damn hormones so i'm changing my diet and taking supplements, using natural product on my face so my skin can be healthier. I can't take pill all my life :(

@all: thank you guys =X

Ok guys today i felt a little down. I had to go out and the make up just caked on my face and made the bumps look suck. Maybe i'll have to use aha again, damn my skin cells why do they shed so fast ? :(

Guest davidtheskinking

You can do it!

You have the power and strength inside of you to do it,

Just learn, implement, improve and keep moving forward.

That's exactly how I cleared up my acne,

It's all about learning, using what you learn and making small improvements when you can and it get's easier and easier as time goes on! Remember that :)

Have a great day!

David