Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CottonCandi

Foundation Routine -- Very helpful video

I just saw this video and wow, amazing.

Skip to 1:00 and watch for 30 seconds.

She is gorgeous with and without makeup!

Edited by CottonCandi

Holy cow that's a lot of foundation. I use the same stuff and sometimes only use a half of a pump. In her other videos, you can't tell she has acne at all, but I wonder if she'd look cakey in person.

Either way, I give a lot of props to people who show the world their acne.

Holy cow that's a lot of foundation. I use the same stuff and sometimes only use a half of a pump. In her other videos, you can't tell she has acne at all, but I wonder if she'd look cakey in person.

I think she is a makeup artist and does makeup for other people. I doubt she would look cakey. Dunno though, but it looks great.

Oh. Em. Gee! That IS a lot of foundation and powder but she looks amazing afterwards. I wonder if she knows about "The Regimen"? She's a beautiful girl!

I think she is a makeup artist and does makeup for other people. I doubt she would look cakey. Dunno though, but it looks great.

Haha I'm tempted to try using an extra pump of foundation and see how it looks... I might do it today when I get ready. She does look flawless in her videos, though.

Oh. Em. Gee! That IS a lot of foundation and powder but she looks amazing afterwards. I wonder if she knows about "The Regimen"? She's a beautiful girl!

I commented on her Youtube video about this site :)

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Lol I commented too! Only not about the site but about how I have mostly cleared my skin and about how I can understand the desire to wear a lot of makeup in public due to insecurities. Wtf was with the people calling her ugly and shit? Like, wtf. You know they'd never say that to her offline. And they might not even think that if they see someone with acne like hers offline.

4chan got a hold of her video :( That's how I found it in the first place. Now people are trolling on her video.

^lame. :rolleyes:

I needed to step away because I wanted to kick ass for each negative comment and after like comment 5..I realized I would be there for a while.

People make me so mad. :doubt:

Anyway, I think she is so strong and brave to post that video. I did not have her strength when my acne was like hers. I respect her so much. Her routine may seem like a lot of makeup, but it works for her and the end result looks fantastic!

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Ouch, lame :( Gotta have internet trolls, eh? At least she clearly sees that these people are trolls and is not posting any "I am hurt" replies. I looked at her update video, and I really didn't see much improvement in the acne itself, or at least not a lot. But I saw a big improvement in her attitude, she seemed a lot more bubbly and happy. Which made her look so much better! Acne and being gloomy is always worse than acne and being happy.

Really? I thought the improvement was immense--especially when you consider she has so much less acne on her neck and back. Overall, too, it looked much better imo. And you are right, she does have a great attitude about it!

Wow, that video was really intense to watch. I didn't watch it for the makeup purposes, but it killed me inside to see how upset she was. She's so brave for going bare faced on YouTube. Seeing her get emotional makes me emotional too.

hear, hear! brave people, indeed : ) n i don't think anyone can understand that strength without experiencing stubborn acne. even if i wanted to show pics of my acne @ it's worst, i think i ripped them up a long time ago. the way i looked was only half of the reason i got rid of them. i ripped them up bc of the pain behind it. i don't like to be reminded by a picture of how acne has affected me; i remember it just fine. i hope to be confident enuf with my skin one day to show it without any makeup.

Edited by guacohmy

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

wow her skin looks great afterwards. the only thing that concerns me is whether the makeup would make the acne worse.

i havent worn foundation in years but starting to think maybe i should. but that wouldnt help in the gym because it would all melt off anyway.

Makeup makes acne worse. I am a firm believer in that. It can't be healthy to put concealer, foundation, powder, primers, highlighters, blushes, bronzers, etc. on your face. Just looking at the ingredient list for those products is terrifying.

I don't think that's 100% true :think: just for the reason that there are people who get clear while continuing to wear it and, on the other hand, there are people who have never worn it and have acne.

Does it help? No, but it can be worn with minimal or no impact on acne. The bottom line is, if you find the root problem of your acne, makeup is fine. Unless of course, makeup is the root... Then it's a matter of finding what works the best for you and avoiding ingredients that are detrimental.

If you stop wearing makeup and still don't clear up or only a tiny bit before you reach a plateau, I don't get the point. That's just my opinion. I break out with or without it but it helps me walk out of my house with a bit more confidence and I'd rather have that than not wear makeup in hopes of clearing up (when it won't because it's not the root of my acne anyway) and avoiding people or being uncomfortable the whole time. Kudos to those acne-sufferers who can be social without being self-conscious of their skin whatsoever - I am not one of them. I'm shy as it is, acne just makes it harder to deal with people. Again, way more important for me to be able to face people and talk to them comfortably then to go without makeup knowing it doesn't have much impact for me.

When I am not a responsible makeup wearer (haha) the most I get from it is clogged pores. If I sleep with it on, which is a huge no-no anyway, I might get a pimple or two... I just got really clear over the past month while wearing makeup and only broke out (two, deep, painful bumps) from stress and lack of sleep; I'm always stressed during college... it would be easy to blame the makeup. I guess my point is, everyone needs to learn their triggers but for many, once you find the right makeup and apply and remove it properly, it can be worn without consequence. It's important for you, the reader, to experiment and see what your own skin needs and can tolerate. This is why non-acne prone people can wear makeup... their skin can handle it. Some people can't handle any of it but most people can handle something . It's a matter of finding what works for you.

Edited by NessaVéneanár

Well said, Nessa, and I agree.

When my acne was at my worst, I didn't notice any difference in how makeup affected my skin (prior to Accutane). However, make up did give me confidence to be semi-normal socially during those times.

Today, I have an occasional break out here and there and I still don't see any link to my make up. That is my personal experience of course.