Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jack101

spots that don't go away?

Ightt, so I've had these spots on my left cheek that won't go away. They've been there for about 3-4 months now, what are they doing there?? Any ideas on how to make them go away? Cheers

post-148533-1309957640_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack101

They look like PIH marks left behind after the spots have subsided.

Take a look in the "Red/Dark marks left after acne" section for some advice on helping to reduce them faster.

Take a look in the "Red/Dark marks left after acne" section for some advice on helping to reduce them faster.

Ok cheers man. I just don't want any scars left after them !

They don't look like scars from the photo, they look more like PIH to me.

I have PIH marks all over my back after decades of back acne. They don't always show up well in photos but I notice them more "in the flesh". I'm currently using Dan's AHA+ to try & fade them quicker.

As if it's not bad enough when we have active acne, we are then left with scars/PIH as a legacy! :angry:

I have PIH marks all over my back after decades of back acne. They don't always show up well in photos but I notice them more "in the flesh". I'm currently using Dan's AHA+ to try & fade them quicker.

As if it's not bad enough when we have active acne, we are then left with scars/PIH as a legacy! :angry:

Really? They can last that long? :shock:

Really? They can last that long? :shock:

What I mean is that I have had acne on my back since I was around 12 years old. Hardly a day went by where there wouldn't be new spots on my back. Only recently have I managed to become clear. There's no way of knowing how long the PIH marks that are still noticable have been there, but I'm sure that none of them are decades old!

Don't worry. I didn't mean to imply that they take decades to fade.