Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dei

Vote: Which face wash is best?

Hey, which of these face washes do you think is better for preventing acne and clearing skin?

Bodyshop tea tree facial wash:

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/catal...;prdcode=58328m

Ingredients: Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Emulsifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), p-Anisic Acid (pH Modifier), Benzophenone-4 (Sunscreen agent, Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Menthol (Cooling Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Sunscreen), Limonene (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour), CI 42090 (Colour).

Key Ingredient(s)

Community Fair Trade organic tea tree oil

tamanu oil

lemon tea tree oil

menthol

Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash:

http://www.simple.co.uk/products/simple-sp...-125ml-264.aspx

Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Sodium Chloride, Zinc PCA, Panthenol, Sodium Hydroxide, Hamamelis Virginiana Distillate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Methylparaben, Benzophenone-4, Dipropylene Glycol, Phytosphingosine, Pantolactone, Anthemis Nobilis Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Citric Acid

simple goodness

SPOT FIGHTING INGREDIENTS

Zinc absorbs excess oil

Chamomile is skin soothing and an anti-irritant

NATURAL ANTIBACTERIAL

Phytosphingosine helps fight spots and blemishes

NO PERFUME, NO COLOUR

No unnecessary ingredients so it won't upset your skin

Dermatologically Tested and Approved

There isn't much information about either of these products on the acne.org website, so please post in this thread as it will also help people who are looking to research either one of these face washes. Thanks!

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Thank-you Ashley for your reply, I'm just wondering what choice people think is the best of the two. That's one vote to the simple cleanser. Congratulations on getting 99% clear with your water only routine, if you don't mind me asking, what percentage did you start with? (I would check but I'm on my phone) :)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

That's great progress for only 4-5 weeks! Does anyone else have any input on the best facial wash?

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Thank-you Ashley for the suggestion, and thank-you Wynne for moving the topic :)

if your going to use either of those cleansers, definately the second one, much nicer kinder ingredients in it.

Also agree with ash, maybe you should try just the water method, sometimes i feel people use way too much skincare products which some maybe doing more bad than good. Just my opinion of course.

Edited by aLeXeLa

I also used the Body Shop facial wash and it didn't make my acne any better. I used it for roughly six months and it really didn't help. In fact, no cleaners helped me. Definitely try the water only regime! Hope it all goes okay :)

The following two links are to websites that list comedogenic ingredients. You can research the ingredients in your product(s) and determine if any might be problematic. The second link is to a PDF so if your computer is old or cranky, your computer might freeze. Remember that the further down on the list of ingredients, the less percentage of that ingredient is in the product. So a comedogenic ingredient that is in the last half of an ingredient list may or may not cause you problems. http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

http://facerealityskincare.com/img/Pore%20...Skin%20Care.pdf

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.