Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
James Small

Is a lack of sugar causing this?

Does anyone know what the symptoms of a lack of sugar in the body are?

The reason I ask is because this morning I've woken up feeling really nauseas. Alongside that I've had severe pins and needles in my legs and arms and a really really fast heart beat. I tried to stand up but couldn't - that's how drained I feel.

I'm very close to getting my dad to bring me up a pack of sugary biscuits so I can stop feeling like this.

Are these symptoms from a lack of sugar? What should I do?

Edited by James Small

Wow I haven't heard this in a while. Did you just start going sugar free? Sounds like detox to me. Don't eat a biscuit, eat an apple or some kind or fruit.

Wow I haven't heard this in a while. Did you just start going sugar free? Sounds like detox to me. Don't eat a biscuit, eat an apple or some kind or fruit.

Bad news I'm afraid, I had bowl upon bowl of sugary cereal. Will that affect my detox? :doh:

Haha sure will my friend. I remember back when I first went complete sugar free. It was the first thing I did for trying to treat my acne through diet, even before gluten or dairy. I was someone who ate hundreds of grams of sugar a day, and then just stopped cold turkey, it was ugly haha. I had insane shakes like I was getting off heroin or an alcohol addiction. Had no stamina, light headed, a lot of what you felt. Through my knowledge it's not wise and not needed to go complete sugar free. Cut out all sugar but natural sugar in fruits and veggies.

It would be a good idea to get blood testing done, it's a great way to cut through a lot of BS and see where your standing. Right now it would actually be perfect for you to get food allergy testing, because your JUST starting. If you have been gluten free, dairy free etc for longer then 2 weeks, most likely the results will be false, because there is none in your system for the testing to read. It's all about finding out what works for you and what your body needs and what it doesn't.

I'm fairly certain what you're experiencing is mild hypoglycemia.

It's very likely that you're entering ketosis too quickly. You don't need to eat anything sweet even, some starchy veggies or tubers will do the trick. If you leave it alone, you'll be fine after a while also but I'm sure you'd rather make it go away immediately in which case just eat some starchy veggies.