Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marysaha

Endometriosis and Acne

Hi...This is Arpita from Mumbai,India.

I was diagnosed with chocolate ovarian cysts in both of my ovaries in July'10 and got it removed in Dec'10 with the help of laparoscopy. After that, I was on Lupride Depot for 6 months and I still await my menstrual cycle.

Before the diagonsis, I started getting severe acne on my face, shoulders and chest. I was always prone to acne, but it used to appear during my menstrual cycle and was not at all severe. However, the acne break-outs have only got worse with time.

Now, after the surgery, the break-outs have reduced but I continue getting them (huge ones) on my face..I do not get it anymore on my shoulders, a few on my chest... I have tried a variety of creams but nothing really worked. All I want to know is.... Will these break-outs go away as soon as I get my cycle or will they continue to appear..what medication should I follow for Acne... I have recently started drinking Aloe vera juice, some 2 weeks back... I have red acne marks all over my face... Plz help :(

Edited by marysaha

Hi...This is Arpita from Mumbai,India.

I was diagnosed with chocolate ovarian cysts in both of my ovaries in July'10 and got it removed in Dec'10 with the help of laparoscopy. After that, I was on Lupride Depot for 6 months and I still await my menstrual cycle.

Before the diagonsis, I started getting severe acne on my face, shoulders and chest. I was always prone to acne, but it used to appear during my menstrual cycle and was not at all severe. However, the acne break-outs have only got worse with time.

Now, after the surgery, the break-outs have reduced but I continue getting them (huge ones) on my face..I do not get it anymore on my shoulders, a few on my chest... I have tried a variety of creams but nothing really worked. All I want to know is.... Will these break-outs go away as soon as I get my cycle or will they continue to appear..what medication should I follow for Acne... I have recently started drinking Aloe vera juice, some 2 weeks back... I have red acne marks all over my face... Plz help :(

Most likely its either:

a) they missed some of the cysts and/or

b) your body still doesn't like the hormones in your birthcontrol...some women have break out issues with pills or any birthcontrol that is progestin based. Others have problems with high estrogen content...find out which type your bc is, get your hormone levels tested, then find out which bc will work best to even them out again...

Either way, from the sound of your breakouts, it is hormonal. So everything else is a temporary fix.

Edited by andromedatpa

I thought I would add this as I have endo aswell as long term acne and I have just made a video about it

the video is an explaination of endometriosis and the laparoscopic surgery for any acne.org members who feel it is helpful to them.