Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nel19

some sort of facial or gentle way to remove dead skin or build up?

Is there anything that can be done to remove all the excess build up of dead skin that wouldn't be considered "adding a step" into the regimen? Possibly something Dan himself or a large number of regimen users have out their seal of approval on? I'm already using jojoba oil (plenty) and its isnt rly doing anything about it.

This is really my only issue with the regimen, so it'd be awesome if there was something I could do about it. (because i refuse to deviate from the methods used in the 3 steps)

when i have a lot of dead skin on my face, i get into a warm shower and let the steam and warm water wet my face. after a bit i gently rub my face with just my hands in circular motions and the dead skin starts to come off.

if i am really dry then i use St Ives scrub and mix it with jojoba oil and it takes away all the dead skin! but i try to avoid St Ives if i'm broken out cause it can make active zits irritated, but it has never made me break out.

hope that helps a bit!

Along with adding jojoba to moisturizer, try the method pinned to the top of this section (I believe it's here) about gently rubbing jojoba oil on your face to remove dead skin and product residue. I usually have a lot of residue on my face so I do the jojoba oil thing when it gets too bad to bear (about once every 1.5 weeks).

I've been using it since week 3 and I am on week 6. I just started keeping a calendar of when I do it, in order to see if it causes breakouts for my skin. So far so good.

Is there anything that can be done to remove all the excess build up of dead skin that wouldn't be considered "adding a step" into the regimen? Possibly something Dan himself or a large number of regimen users have out their seal of approval on? I'm already using jojoba oil (plenty) and its isnt rly doing anything about it.

This is really my only issue with the regimen, so it'd be awesome if there was something I could do about it. (because i refuse to deviate from the methods used in the 3 steps)

I'm a guy, and so shaving regularly takes care of almost all of my flaking, but I would really truly recommend gently using a washcloth, too. As long as you don't scour your face like you're cleaning a countertop and try to avoid, if possible, any active spots, I've found that it does wonders for removing flakes and enhancing skin tone.

Have you tried the AHA+? That's pretty much what it's for (removing dead skin)--it's a chemical exfoliant. I also rub VERY gently with a wet washcloth every couple of days. That's a necessary step for me, otherwise I would have so much crap on my face.