Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys... so i have moderate acne, on my face and back. my current regimen keeps me 90% clear at least, so that's not the concern here. on my back, i have keloid scars, but they're not huge or anything, they're small and quite minor. im using AHA+ to help with the hyperpigmentation i also have , but it seems that the discoloration on the keloids are fading a lot slower than just plain HP. is there anything i can/should do for my keloid scars other than what i am doing? at the moment, going to a professional and getting treatment done is not a possibility, i have to stick with things i can do myself at home.

any help at all would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much for your time :)

if what you have are keloids, the redness is due to increased blood to the area, unlike hyperpigmentation, which is due to melanin.

treatments for hyperpigmentation would do nothing for the redness from keloids

the only way to get rid of the redness is to get rid of the keloids, and the best way to do that is to go to a dermatologist and ask for steroid injections

Edited by Brawn

Hi there. I have a bad area of hypertrophic scarring on my arm, after a skin graft. It was very raised, hard and purple-red. I had steroid injections in the hard areas which softened it up a lot. The skin was still thick but not hard and painful. The discolouration took many years but eventually it went to normal skin colour and even tans.

I know you probably want a quicker fix but this may give you some consolation .

hey guys... so i have moderate acne, on my face and back. my current regimen keeps me 90% clear at least, so that's not the concern here. on my back, i have keloid scars, but they're not huge or anything, they're small and quite minor. im using AHA+ to help with the hyperpigmentation i also have , but it seems that the discoloration on the keloids are fading a lot slower than just plain HP. is there anything i can/should do for my keloid scars other than what i am doing? at the moment, going to a professional and getting treatment done is not a possibility, i have to stick with things i can do myself at home.

any help at all would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much for your time :)