Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
js31011

Pores and scarring-any advice for me?

Does anyone have any advice for me? I have very large pores on my forehead and nose. I also have slight scarring as well. I have tried practically everything from at home chemical peels, microderm, Paulas Choice, AHA's, nearly anything you can think of. The only thing I havent done is a professional laser. It seems like after the peels and microderm that I have done that the pores sort of got bigger. I have read about Hydrafacial and other procedures, but I just dont know. Any help?

post-125111-1309920721_thumb.jpg

post-125111-1309920732_thumb.jpg

post-125111-1309920746_thumb.jpg

Try a 1.5mm derma roller and a professional peel.

Agreed. let us know if you get any improvement. There thousands of pores i think you would struggle with tca cross maybe for the larger scars.

So those little holes on the forehead ARE large pores? I have a few on my cheeks that look like those and I still am not sure if they are enlarged pores or acne pits.

I started washing twice a day with Olay Regenerist daily cleanser followed 2x per day of using 20% glycolic pads that I swipe my face with and then Isomers pore

minimizer. It's only been a couple of weeks but I am seeing a difference in the reduction of oil and minimizing of pores.

I am debating on getting the PMD microderm system to help speed the process along. Also, I was doing a 30% glycolic peel each week which brightened my skin

and helped with the pores too but I replaced that with the daily 20% glycolic pads.

All i can say is dont spend thousands of dollars just to do that small area of scars with lasers. Plus, your scars are so unnoticeable man. Id just say those are enlarged pores, everyone has them. Id say your going to be more upset when you get older.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I have very large pores on my forehead and nose. I also have slight scarring as well. I have tried practically everything from at home chemical peels, microderm, Paulas Choice, AHA's, nearly anything you can think of. The only thing I havent done is a professional laser. It seems like after the peels and microderm that I have done that the pores sort of got bigger. I have read about Hydrafacial and other procedures, but I just dont know. Any help?

Everyone has visible pores!!! If you stop obsessing over your own skin, and start examining other people you will see most people have visible pores, and certain blemishes on their skin, alot more than you know. just really look. you will be surprised. I think as some one with skin issues you might think of yourself as the only one,, so you dont realizze your not.

In my opinion if you just have large pores and not really any saucer indentations, no one is even going take notice to those things. But I totally understand that you should try to improve it if you can. I only really have two enlarged pores near my nose and needling has helped every scar other than those for some reason. My brother has enlarged pore scarring and honestly time has helped him. I also believe a healthful diet can improve skin tone and texture.

Guest Timehealsall

Are you people blind? He clearly has actual acne indentations on his forehead.

Regarding the pore thing, i disagree that "EVERYONE HAS VISIBLE PORES." I see people everyday close up, and i would say about 1/4 of people have visible pores.

I am very curious to know if you used to take the sun alot?? I have very similar pores all over my cheeks and nose and I hate them. Although I had/have acne I think it came more from me taking the sun so much with acne. Believe me I feel ur pain. Although everyone is trying to help, I know exactly what u r going through and am like u will do anything to try and make it better. When Ilook in the mirror that is all I see. Please let me know if you have any success with anything. And I will do the same.

Also is TCA cross something u do on ur own or does the derm do it? What is it exactly, how does it work and did anyone have any real success with it.

I thought about doing lasers so many times but to spend all that many not get any improvement will kill me, especially with all that downtime. Also I did hear that peels may pores larger.

Guest Timehealsall
I am very curious to know if you used to take the sun alot?? I have very similar pores all over my cheeks and nose and I hate them. Although I had/have acne I think it came more from me taking the sun so much with acne. Believe me I feel ur pain. Although everyone is trying to help, I know exactly what u r going through and am like u will do anything to try and make it better. When Ilook in the mirror that is all I see. Please let me know if you have any success with anything. And I will do the same.

Also is TCA cross something u do on ur own or does the derm do it? What is it exactly, how does it work and did anyone have any real success with it.

I thought about doing lasers so many times but to spend all that many not get any improvement will kill me, especially with all that downtime. Also I did hear that peels may pores larger.

that depends. did your pores become like that right after an acne lesion went away, or did it happen years after acne went away? If the latter, is due to sun damage

Regarding the pore thing, i disagree that "EVERYONE HAS VISIBLE PORES." I see people everyday close up, and i would say about 1/4 of people have visible pores.

Yeah I agree. :/ I'd say most people have them on their nose, though. But only some on the cheeks/forehead

Guest Timehealsall

Yeah I agree. :/ I'd say most people have them on their nose, though. But only some on the cheeks/forehead

yea. I mean, a good amount have them on their cheeks as well (i.e. its not rare).

I would say out of 100 people i see, 20 have them on their cheeks.

yeah the huge pores came after years not right after the acne. Do u think that since sun damage, I should treat them in a different way???

From my perspective, those aren't all large pores, but small ice-pick scars.

Also, be kind to yourself. Honestly, I wouldn't even blink an eye at any scars or large pores if I met you -- I doubt if I'd even notice.

Yes, when I was younger I was in the sun quite often, do you think it is more from sun damage?

So, you think these are more "ice pick" scars than pores. I honestly always thought they were just enlarged pores, but maybe you are right. What would you suggest be the best option for these? Anything I can do at home instead of going in professionally?

From my perspective, those aren't all large pores, but small ice-pick scars.

Also, be kind to yourself. Honestly, I wouldn't even blink an eye at any scars or large pores if I met you -- I doubt if I'd even notice.