Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zach624

IS my acne bad enough for accutane ?

Ive been doing a regimen now for around 5 months and it has made my acne better but definitely not clear. However i really wish i was clear because all my friends have perfect skin and i feel like awkward around them because im the only one with acne.

here is what it looks like now.

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo287/x...7-01-32_212.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo287/x...7-01-41_395.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo287/x...7-01-37_278.jpg

Believe me man if that is making you feel awkward you need a slap in the face! You have no idea how bad acne can get...be thankful your face is so clear and enjoy every last second of it. Acne can ruin your life if it gets bad enough!!!

Dude, you are actually very good looking to me.

So I'd say no. It looks pretty mild. If you really wanted to go on it, go for a very low dose, like 20mg I believe is the smallest. But in my opinion, you don't need it. I'd say try other things before accutane. Or continue with the regimen.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I wouldn't even call that acne. Definitely not bad enough for accutane. Just looks like some random pimples and red marks. You're very lucky!

I wish my skin looked like that! Thats defiantly not acne. Looks more like the occasional breakout.

Your skin is what i am hoping mine will look like after Accutane.

Edited by Mini Me.

Ive been doing a regimen now for around 5 months and it has made my acne better but definitely not clear. However i really wish i was clear because all my friends have perfect skin and i feel like awkward around them because im the only one with acne.

here is what it looks like now.

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo287/x...7-01-32_212.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo287/x...7-01-41_395.jpg

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo287/x...7-01-37_278.jpg

this is very mild. you should consider yourself lucky...most people on here have much worse to deal with.

Mine is much better nowdays too so yes, stop worrying so much Kid...and if none of your friends have acne why not make friends with someone who does have it? Then you two can hang out together and not be 'the only one" :-D

I wish. If it were, I would have gotten accutane ages ago. But even at my worst, which is def worse than you are now, I was told I wasn't even close to severe enough.

I understand though. Everyone I hang around has flawless, poreless skin. I just want to die. Plus, I've been dealing with this for years and years and years... even mild acne gets annoying after a long enough time of never having clear skin. ever.

Although I have seen people with mild acne getting their hands on accutane... I wouldn't count on it with most derms tbh, but you never know. I wouldn't judge. If someone offered it to me when I was 14 or so, I would have done it in a heartbeat

Seriously where do you guys find all these friends with perfect skin? Modelling school? :-)

Only joking...but I see people walking around every day with nice skin, some with OK skin, and bad acne so please stop being so hard on yourselves.

I know its hard when your friends seem to have "perfect skin" or your the only one in your family with acne but look around you people do have imperfections.

:-) nobody is perfect and those clear-skinned friends are probably fretting over their fat ankles or uneven ears or man-boobs. or whatever!

Relax and enjoy your youth as best as you can it goes fast.

Haha I do see plenty of people with acne or acne scarring, but not my friends or family. It blows because those are the people looking at me up close, face to face... strangers just see me in passing.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

nobody is perfect and those clear-skinned friends are probably fretting over their fat ankles or uneven ears or man-boobs. or whatever!

Lol. You have a good point, but something about that statement made me laugh a little.

Unfortunately, most people really are insecure and do fret about their bodies and yeah I could totally see someone fretting over their man-boobs or ears even though I'd never pay much attention to those things on anyone.

To the OP - if a doctor is willing to prescribe you accutane, then you'd have to weigh the risks and benefits and decide for yourself if you want to take it. Sometimes, it can be hard to get a doctor to prescribe accutane though unless they've given you a bunch of other stuff first and that hasn't worked satisfactorily. A low glycemic dairy free diet or a topical or both might be enough to combat your acne if you haven't already tried those things.

To the OP, also keep in mind, that if you take accutane now( to cure those non-acne thing you have on your face, barely noticebale from far), then there are chances of those coming back years later with actual acne. Because, then your immune system must have become weak after taking accutane, and then you may have to go for a higher dose.. And the cycle continues!!!

NO WAY!! Sorry but you're nowhere close to being a candidate for accutane and I'd be concerned if you went to a derm and they agreed to put you on it. It looks like the regimen is working, seriously your skin looks great. If my face and back looked like that it'd be the most confident person in the world. Take it as a compliment, digest these comments and for goodness sake go out and have fun with your friends. :surprised::surprised:

Haha I do see plenty of people with acne or acne scarring, but not my friends or family. It blows because those are the people looking at me up close, face to face... strangers just see me in passing.

This is correct.

I remember working an outdoors job, where I got to see a lot of people's skin in the bright sun, and people's whose face looked clear to me before suddenly didn't look so clear anymore. You'd be surprised at how very few people have truly flawless bump free skin.

Not at all man, accutane is not a miracle get rid of acne product, it's more like a roll of the dice. You can either be lucky and clear your acne with no bad side effects, or you can change your life forever with health issues. Even if you get through a course with no bad side effects, that doesn't mean it won't happen later on. Your skin isn't bad at all, and it's something that can be improved through other means.

I was one of the people who thought nothing would happen to them and it'd be fine, and didn't even really have very bad skin. Now I have some health issues that's been going on for several years, and because I didn't even get very far into the course so the acne never went away, so it's been a lose-lose. It wasn't fun going through all the physical pain accutane caused, and going to doctors all the time who hardly even know what's wrong. I was completely healthy without issues before accutane.

Accutane should and ONLY should be prescribed to people with absolute severe acne who've tried everything under the sun and are about to commit suicide if they don't get the issue fixed.

Sure, many people had no issues with it and it gave them their life back, but it's dumb to even take the risk especially if you haven't tried other prescription treatments, I know that now. I payed too much attention to this forum and everyone on here praising it, and when you're young it's easy to be influenced into doing things, big mistake.

Sorry for the long post, but I think it's important when people have a negative experience with something they share it where needed, I've posted quite a few times in threads about accutane and I don't do it to whine and moan about the problems I had with it, I do it to hopefully persuade anyone considering taking it into not taking it, because I really wish someone talked me out of it.

Edited by wham

ive seen some people have amazing results with accutane, while ive seen some people basically have some major problems that have prevented me from taking it... best that you read up on it, theres a reason why it has so many issues and they make u sign a waiver.

Guest Timehealsall

Sorry to say this, but is this a ****** joke?

No you DO NOT need accutane.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

dude... hate to be rude but i hate when people that have acne like yours think u need accutane or something i WISH i had your skin type but no i have bad acne that i have dealt with for a long time. So long story short no your fine.