Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rosec005

Homemade Benzoyl Peroxide?

Hi all,

I'm brand-spanking-new on here and I want to try the Regimen, but I can only find 5% BP here (I don't want to spend too much in case my skin reacts too strongly to the BP) so I'm looking to make my own BP 2.5% by mixing AcneFree's spot treatment (5%) with Vanicream Lite Lotion. I checked with my pharmacist about what would be a good compounding base and he said Vanicream would work well, and I figure the extra moisturizer can't hurt... right? I was just wondering if anyone else had tried something similar. And for the record, I do plan on purchasing either Dan's Treatment or 2.5% BP from the pharmacy once this tiny tube runs out but I want to see how everything works first and whether or not I can actually stick to the Regimen. Any and all advice is appreciated!

Ehh it seems pretty risky. You don't know whether the stuff you are using is high quality or effective at all. You may get discouraged if you don't see results but it may be just because of your product choice. That's my opinion.