Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was considering some products form Neutrogena.Mostly toners.

Oil Free Acne Stress Control Triple Toner:

Or

Pore Refining Toner

Also thinking about there mousturizer: Oil Free MOusture Sensitve Skin

And Cleansers...maybe

Aside form answering my Q, I made tihs for tlak and reccomendations about Neutrogena.

I've found that with Neutrogena I have only achieved temporary results or little to no results. The reasoning behind this is because I've found that lots of commercial cleansers, moisturizers, toners, makeup removers, etc. contain alcohol, fragrances, and certain dyes which are totally unnecessary and harmful to the skin. I have found that natural oils work well as makeup removers. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser in the green pump bottle is the only drugstore cleanser that does not contain harsh additives and gives a really good clean without stripping the skin of its oils. Apple Cider Vinegar works well as a toner. You should really take a good hard look at all the ingredients posted in typical commercial products that are advertised on TV and in magazines. It's ironic that the things that are supposed to help your acne, such as a Neutrogena toner, can actually harm your skin in return.

I've found that with Neutrogena I have only achieved temporary results or little to no results. The reasoning behind this is because I've found that lots of commercial cleansers, moisturizers, toners, makeup removers, etc. contain alcohol, fragrances, and certain dyes which are totally unnecessary and harmful to the skin. I have found that natural oils work well as makeup removers. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser in the green pump bottle is the only drugstore cleanser that does not contain harsh additives and gives a really good clean without stripping the skin of its oils. Apple Cider Vinegar works well as a toner. You should really take a good hard look at all the ingredients posted in typical commercial products that are advertised on TV and in magazines. It's ironic that the things that are supposed to help your acne, such as a Neutrogena toner, can actually harm your skin in return.

Thanks for the input Sima. Ill consider that, and be sure to check the ingredients when I go on down to Rite Aid.

What about Cetaphil? IM currently using that and it seems to be gentle,pH blanced and non crazy with the chemcials.

Thanks for the input Sima. Ill consider that, and be sure to check the ingredients when I go on down to Rite Aid.

What about Cetaphil? IM currently using that and it seems to be gentle,pH blanced and non crazy with the chemcials.

I had a lengthy reply posted here, but my browser exited out of this page so everything that I typed did not get saved. Here is a website that compares CeraVe and Cetaphil. I personally like CeraVe more than anything else I've tried in the drugstore.

The reason why drugstore cleansers and lotions are so cheap is because they are filled with unnecessary fillers and other chemicals to maintain the shelf life of the product, so you can use it longer. However, I've read through so many articles and text and have determined that drugstore skin care sucks. Most of the items that you can purchase at a drugstore to supposedly fight your acne actually irritate your skin and harm it in the long run. I advise cleansing with things that you can find in your pantry. Olive oil, castor oil, oatmeal masks, lemons, apple cider vinegar.. the list goes on. I like using natural skin care and avoid purchasing any type of formulated skin care product. I have to know what goes on my face.

I'll be going to the drugstore soon to get some stuff anyways so I may consider CeraVe....I was optnig fro Aveeno CLeanser ( i fogot its whoel nmae, its foamy ) that I used to use, and i loved it.

I had a lengthy reply posted here, but my browser exited out of this page so everything that I typed did not get saved. Here is a website that compares CeraVe and Cetaphil. I personally like CeraVe more than anything else I've tried in the drugstore.

The reason why drugstore cleansers and lotions are so cheap is because they are filled with unnecessary fillers and other chemicals to maintain the shelf life of the product, so you can use it longer. However, I've read through so many articles and text and have determined that drugstore skin care sucks. Most of the items that you can purchase at a drugstore to supposedly fight your acne actually irritate your skin and harm it in the long run. I advise cleansing with things that you can find in your pantry. Olive oil, castor oil, oatmeal masks, lemons, apple cider vinegar.. the list goes on. I like using natural skin care and avoid purchasing any type of formulated skin care product. I have to know what goes on my face.