Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alicecooper

~4 months paleo =50% clear and plateau

I eat:

any type of meat

fruit must be low low gi and gl and cannot even be borderline moderate(eliminating fruit doesnt do much)

and vegetables. All organic top quality 90% of the time

I cant eat anything that raises blood sugar or spikes insulin or whatever. That is the main culprit. Its not that grains are a bad food, they are just high gi/gl and thats when i get problems. I get the same effects if i eat too many bananas for the same reason. I dont know what nuts do but for some reason they break me out also. I also notice more food=more acne and less=less.

This diet has shown that my skin is extremely sensitive to blood sugar raises. Example: i ate about 7 grams of sugar from some jerkey last night and broke out this morning. I am 100% sure of this becuase i track how my face is doing regularly and can spot awkward changes

So where i stand now:

Chest and shoulders: 85% clear

back: 75% clear

Face:50% clear. Face is the most sensitive and active. :(

I also dont get sick that much anymore. Before it was like once every 2-3 months i would get a cold.

I exercise 5-6 days a week. Mellow but very heavy weightlifting 3x. Martial arts 2x. Motocross 1x. I get plenty of sleep 95% of the time(8hrs) and get okay amounts of sun.

Raising blood sugar = acne. But what does this mean and how do i reverse this sensitivity?

I cant eat anything normal anymore. Cant hardly go out and eat at restaraunts or anything. This takes waaaaaaay too much work for such little gain. My acne is still 100% constant flow just slightly less now. This is just stupid.

As always for you, it sounds like stress plays a big role in your life. Grains aren't high GI btw. At least any gluten free such as steel cut oats, millet, teff, quinoa, etc all low GI. Do you over eat? How many meals a day? Do you drink water with lemon? How are number 2's? Try drinking hot water with lemon everyday when you get up, and two more times through the day.

I eat:

any type of meat

fruit must be low low gi and gl and cannot even be borderline moderate(eliminating fruit doesnt do much)

and vegetables. All organic top quality 90% of the time

I cant eat anything that raises blood sugar or spikes insulin or whatever. That is the main culprit. Its not that grains are a bad food, they are just high gi/gl and thats when i get problems. I get the same effects if i eat too many bananas for the same reason. I dont know what nuts do but for some reason they break me out also. I also notice more food=more acne and less=less.

This diet has shown that my skin is extremely sensitive to blood sugar raises. Example: i ate about 7 grams of sugar from some jerkey last night and broke out this morning. I am 100% sure of this becuase i track how my face is doing regularly and can spot awkward changes

So where i stand now:

Chest and shoulders: 85% clear

back: 75% clear

Face:50% clear. Face is the most sensitive and active. :(

I also dont get sick that much anymore. Before it was like once every 2-3 months i would get a cold.

I exercise 5-6 days a week. Mellow but very heavy weightlifting 3x. Martial arts 2x. Motocross 1x. I get plenty of sleep 95% of the time(8hrs) and get okay amounts of sun.

Raising blood sugar = acne. But what does this mean and how do i reverse this sensitivity?

I cant eat anything normal anymore. Cant hardly go out and eat at restaraunts or anything. This takes waaaaaaay too much work for such little gain. My acne is still 100% constant flow just slightly less now. This is just stupid.

Have you tried any of the following:

Intermittent fasting

sleeping in total darkness for at least 8 hours with a consistant schedule

regular low-grade exercise

getting sunshine daily at midday for at least 20 minutes with most of your body exposed or supplementing vitamin d3?

All of those have really helped me.

Good job listening to your body. Some people will just jam stuff in there and have no clue how much damage it's doing. Just keep being consistent and hopefully your body repairs itself. It needs a LONG rest from insulin spikes to do so.

I agree with Uncle Buck. There are people here who started eating healthy and just continually cleared. I am not one of those people. I do think it takes months for your body to heal itself! I am on month 4 of my diet and lifestyle and I've had more ups and downs than a hormonal teenage girl. But it's like 3 steps forward 1 step back. I also hit a plateau a while back. At this point I've gone from my worst being 4 new pimples per day, to new pimples per week. I no longer get cysts, and the pimples I do get are much smaller and heal much quicker.

Just dont be too strict, but listen to people on here who've had success with this. They know what they're talking about. And like I said, I do think it takes time!

I have been eating healthy since November 1, of last year and I'm still not 100% clear. I am now getting weirid hive like welts on a daily basis on my lower jaw/neck line and I cannot figure out what is doing it. It has been happening for the last two weeks. They are not cysts as they go away in a day or two and look more like mosquito bites. They are similar in size and sometimes slighly itch. They are always on the right side of my face. Ive changed pillowcases daily, tracked my food, taken benadry daily and for the life of my dont know what it is. I can get them every day for 3 days then wont get them for two and then this morning woke to three more!!! My only indulgence is Mary's Gone Crackers guten free crackers (which I've eaten for months and didnt get welts) and Pamelas gluten free shortbread cookies. I will have one or two every other day. I am also on bioidentical hormones and did forget to apply my cream last night but I dont think thats it as I've applied the cream and broke out as well. At first I thought it was a reaction to coming off doxycycline 2 weeks ago but it should be out of my system by now. Im writing everything down and my only other thoughts were decreasing a vitamin B5/B6 vitamin called Acnescript. I would hardly take it and now only take occasionally. Anyone have any thoughts?

I have been eating healthy since November 1, of last year and I'm still not 100% clear. I am now getting weirid hive like welts on a daily basis on my lower jaw/neck line and I cannot figure out what is doing it. It has been happening for the last two weeks. They are not cysts as they go away in a day or two and look more like mosquito bites. They are similar in size and sometimes slighly itch. They are always on the right side of my face. Ive changed pillowcases daily, tracked my food, taken benadry daily and for the life of my dont know what it is. I can get them every day for 3 days then wont get them for two and then this morning woke to three more!!! My only indulgence is Mary's Gone Crackers guten free crackers (which I've eaten for months and didnt get welts) and Pamelas gluten free shortbread cookies. I will have one or two every other day. I am also on bioidentical hormones and did forget to apply my cream last night but I dont think thats it as I've applied the cream and broke out as well. At first I thought it was a reaction to coming off doxycycline 2 weeks ago but it should be out of my system by now. Im writing everything down and my only other thoughts were decreasing a vitamin B5/B6 vitamin called Acnescript. I would hardly take it and now only take occasionally. Anyone have any thoughts?

an acne free diet does not include those foods. at least for me. and i can bet for you too. they most likely cause insulin spikes

Edited by alicecooper

there are only 3grams of sugar in the pamelas shortbread cookie and only 5g in the crackers for a handful I believe(I threw the box away so Im going from memory)..While I dont have them every day, I need a variety of foods and these provided the crunch factor and were a healthier grain of choice. The pamelas cookies are made from rice flour and didnt seem to contribute to my acne or make it any worse. I am at a loss as to what other items to eat..I dont eat nuts as I have an allergic child in my home and will not bring them in. I also believe they might aggrevate things for me. Can anyone provide some good food ideas as I run out after 6 months of this

It sounds like you have a true allergy to something you are eating. It could be anything really... I think it would be a good idea to see an allergist and have a skin prick test done.

I think those crackers have soy in them which is a common allergen.

Considering you've been on antibiotics and bioidentical hormones, it's possible you've developed a yeast overgrowth... Yeast can cause food allergies by increasing intestinal permeability (leaky gut).