Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fplix

Fuck Yogurtland

I go there with family just one time, my face is very clear.

I say "Fuck it", one time couldn't hurt, gotta splurge every now and then.

The yogurt/ice cream I ate consisted of the following flavors: arctic vanilla, strawberry, and new york cheesecake.

The toppings were cheesecake bits, mini marshmellows, and these mini soft blueberry mochi pieces.

It was so fucking good but I paid the price.

I have broken out all over my face in a couple of cysts and many small red, throbbing whiteheads.

All the hard work and time and sacrifice it took to clear up my skin rendered meaningless.

Fuck this shit.

Never again.

Never...

Again.

Edited by fplix

Don't sweat it. Just jump back on the health wagon tomorrow.

You should check this blog out: The Love Vitamin

Yes you definitely should check that website out!

There is an article on there that says if you eat badly on one occasion your healthy eating regime isn't reset back to day one.

Hope everything works out well :)

Yeah man, definitely don't worry about it. You're going to have times where you're out with friends and you can't help but cheat on a healthy diet. It's soul food and it's just living. You can expect to have some flare ups but the stress of dwelling on it will probably make your skin worse than just rolling with it.

That girl posts here as tangerine. Every time I see a video of that girl I'm like damn haha. So beautiful and my type of girl.

On topic, it sucks how sensitive we can be to breakouts. My family always tries to get me to have cheat days, to me it's just another day. Why should there be days to eat crap? Like your experience it can set you back after so much work. It's a crazy work we live in where it's incredibly hard to gain results and so easy to lose them. Do you know that you can work out tremendously hard for an entire year, stop, and lose it all in 3 months?

For me, yeah it would be nice to eat off my diet here and there, but I'm so far passed that. Like I've said before on here it's only taste temptation, a mere illusion. People don't eat ice cream because it has amazing benefits, they do it for those seconds of pleasure in their mouths. just like a crack head who sacrifices everything for a high that lasts not even 10 seconds. People can fall into temptation so easily because of their thoughts. They make themselves

Believe those few seconds of pleasure are everything and worth any side effects. I'm a very strong minded person, I see through all that. And

You can program your mind into having the same pleasures with any food, it's all the state of mind.

And also thank god for fruit, our natural candy.

That girl posts here as tangerine. Every time I see a video of that girl I'm like damn haha. So beautiful and my type of girl.

On topic, it sucks how sensitive we can be to breakouts. My family always tries to get me to have cheat days, to me it's just another day. Why should there be days to eat crap? Like your experience it can set you back after so much work. It's a crazy work we live in where it's incredibly hard to gain results and so easy to lose them. Do you know that you can work out tremendously hard for an entire year, stop, and lose it all in 3 months?

For me, yeah it would be nice to eat off my diet here and there, but I'm so far passed that. Like I've said before on here it's only taste temptation, a mere illusion. People don't eat ice cream because it has amazing benefits, they do it for those seconds of pleasure in their mouths. just like a crack head who sacrifices everything for a high that lasts not even 10 seconds. People can fall into temptation so easily because of their thoughts. They make themselves

Believe those few seconds of pleasure are everything and worth any side effects. I'm a very strong minded person, I see through all that. And

You can program your mind into having the same pleasures with any food, it's all the state of mind.

I think you can end up missing out on good social experiences and such if you completely 100% will never ever cheat. Someone who works at my shop is that way and she will never go out to lunch with anyone and definitely will not ever drink alcohol. Her life is so bland and it's revolved around her "perfect health". But what is health for if you can't really enjoy anything? To elongate your boring life? I honestly feel sorry for her. I mean sure we can find interest (I sure as hell do) in nutrition, holistic health, exercise etc. but I think it's important to have interests outside of that. Where you hear of a really good pizza place and go try that shit with all your buddies. Where you pig out at a buffet and see who can eat the most food. Or where you get drunk off your ass one night and have the time of your life. Like they say about relationships, giving up isn't about being weak, it's just knowing when to let go.

I'm not saying you yourself are like this. My point is just that our whole motivation behind coming to these forums and taking care of ourselves as seriously as we do is to stay young. To have that clear skin you used to have as a child. So why not incorporate that into your mindset as well?

Most people "cheat" too often though.

A cheat here and there can very easily turn into a regular cheat.

Cheats are best reserved for special occasions.

QUOTE (Thehoper @ Jul 5 2011, 10:21 PM)

I think you can end up missing out on good social experiences and such if you completely 100% will never ever cheat. Someone who works at my shop is that way and she will never go out to lunch with anyone and definitely will not ever drink alcohol. Her life is so bland and it's revolved around her "perfect health". But what is health for if you can't really enjoy anything? To elongate your boring life? I honestly feel sorry for her. I mean sure we can find interest (I sure as hell do) in nutrition, holistic health, exercise etc. but I think it's important to have interests outside of that. Where you hear of a really good pizza place and go try that shit with all your buddies. Where you pig out at a buffet and see who can eat the most food. Or where you get drunk off your ass one night and have the time of your life. Like they say about relationships, giving up isn't about being weak, it's just knowing when to let go.

I'm not saying you yourself are like this. My point is just that our whole motivation behind coming to these forums and taking care of ourselves as seriously as we do is to stay young. To have that clear skin you used to have as a child. So why not incorporate that into your mindset as well?

I would do those acitivities with no issue if i had no acne.

The yogurt/ice cream I ate consisted of the following flavors: arctic vanilla, strawberry, and new york cheesecake.

The toppings were cheesecake bits, mini marshmellows, and these mini soft blueberry mochi pieces.

I have broken out all over my face in a couple of cysts and many small red, throbbing whiteheads.

All the hard work and time and sacrifice it took to clear up my skin rendered meaningless.

Fuck this shit.

Never again.

Never...

Again.

I know this is not nearly the same as Yogurtland (or Sweet Monkey, for me in the Atlanta area), but the So Delicious coconut milk products are really good if you just need a sweet, creamy dessert fix. rolleyes.gif

I think you can end up missing out on good social experiences and such if you completely 100% will never ever cheat. Someone who works at my shop is that way and she will never go out to lunch with anyone and definitely will not ever drink alcohol. Her life is so bland and it's revolved around her "perfect health". But what is health for if you can't really enjoy anything? To elongate your boring life? I honestly feel sorry for her.

Um, that is ridiculous. There are plenty of ways to enjoy life and socialize with others that do not revolve around eating out or drinking alcohol. Anyone who can't see that is the boring one. I haven't eaten out at a restaurant or touched a drop of alcohol since 2009. I have family. I have friends. I have an active life, filled with activities. I feel sorry for you for judging someone like that. Perhaps the fact that people don't know how to socialize or have fun or avoid "boredom" without food or alcohol is one of the reasons we have so much obesity and disease in the western world. When poisoning your body is thought of as recreation, something is majorly wrong.

1. Hiking

2. Kayaking

3. Watching Movies/Awesome TV shows with friends

4. Visiting museums

5. Camping

6. Dance/Rave parties

7. Creating Art

8. Writing

9. Sex

10. Rock Climbing

^There, I just listed 10 things in about 10 seconds, off the top of my head, that one might participate in that don't involve eating food you shouldn't eat or drinking alcohol. It is absolutely crazy to say that one will miss out on everything if you never cheat. Some of us can't "Cheat" do you realize that? If I cheat, I could DIE. But it's a good think I didn't have your attitude or I probably would have committed suicide thinking there was no good left in life if I can't eat myself sick at a buffet.

/end rant

Fuck this shit.

Never again.

Never...

Again.

Yeah yogurt and ice cream are the devil to my skin. Anything with a sugar & dairy combo is the worst thing I can think of.