Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KLNHL

Help! Will this regiment work!?!?

I have bad scarring, from picking and popping from my teen days.

I recently visited my first dermatologist about a week ago to undergo smoothbeam and v-beam. I'll be having another smoothbeam+v-beam treatment in about 3 weeks. The first treatment, I didn't see much results. The derm also prescribed minocycline antibiotics and duac.

So i guess, what I want to ask is will my regimen help especially the V-beam treatment help remove some of the acne scars that are left on my face from picking and popping? Also about how many treatments does it take to see results from the smoothbeam and v-beam?

see thats the thing. my derm says that its mostly acne, but im convinced they are scars. they arent ice picked or anything. just a lot of pigmentation (redish, purpleish blotches) and i think thats a result from me picking when i was a teen

If you are still breaking out on a consistent basis, then you need to continue taking your antibiotics and hold off on the laser. I want to get a spot lasered on my jaw and on my cheek (just 2 small spots.. not my whole face) that have been on my face for several months now. I don't break out anymore because I took Accutane. I'm hoping that the procedure will be much cheaper than usual since I'm only doing a tiny portion of my face. My dermatologist didn't let me go through with the laser after I finished Accutane in March because she wanted me to see if whether or not I would still be breaking out after finishing Accutane.