Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Narcosynthesis

Another tanning thread

I don't know how cliche this question is, but would a heavy tan disguise activered spots? I'm doing other things to clear my skin up at the moment, but the only hope I really have at this point is to just cover everything up somehow instead of actually getting rid of it for good. Would a tan actually darken the bumps, themselves, or only the skin around it? Its probably a retarded question but whatever. I guess a tan would at least take away some of the contrast between the redness and the clear skin, right?

I just don't know what to do. I just want to hide everything for awhile. Its even harder to do when you're a guy and can't wear makeup without other people looking at you like you're a tranny or something :eh:

Yes it will mask red marks and acne. From personal experience it has worked to my advantage.

That's some good news.

What's the cheapest way to go about doing this? How much does a single tanning session cost and how often would I have to go to maintain a tan once I get one going?

Is it not hot enough to get a natural tan outside in Ohio? It would be a lot healthier on your skin! I'm from the UK I dont really know about the weather in the US :(

Is it not hot enough to get a natural tan outside in Ohio? It would be a lot healthier on your skin! I'm from the UK I dont really know about the weather in the US :(

It can get really hot over here, but the weather is just really inconsistent. There's a little saying among Ohio residents that goes like "If you don't like the weather- wait five minutes".

And I don't know where to go to tan in the sun without people staring at me.

It can get really hot over here, but the weather is just really inconsistent. There's a little saying among Ohio residents that goes like "If you don't like the weather- wait five minutes".

I've found that quote is actually used almost everywhere. Here included. And residents still think it pertains strictly to their area! :P

If you are in the middle of the street then yes people would be staring at you. What's wrong with your backyard?

If you are in the middle of the street then yes people would be staring at you. What's wrong with your backyard?

Pretty small and shaded by trees.

I'm probably gonna' try out a tanning booth for more consistency since it seems to go from sunny to stormy within minutes where I live. I always thought tanning salons were useless but I'll go to one if it clears my acne.

I find that when my skin is bad the fake tan goes darker around the spots & makes them look worse, mainly because the skin is dryer around the edges of the spots, then it just looks stupid. but a tan in general would make you look more healthy as acne can make you look so unhealthy from the outside even if you are healthy on the inside.

Tanning is just a temporary mask for the marks. It will eventually fade since your skin is constantly shedding itself. When the tan is gone, your marks will be a lot darker and will stay that way. Tanning makes the problem worse. Don't do it.

Tanning, ehhhh. I do it. But then again, I live in Florida. No matter what I do outside I'm gonna get a little bit of a tan. Whatever you do, when you go to lay down and tan, WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!! It will help you so much. Even if you don't wear it daily, only wear it to go for a full on tanning sesh in the sun. Trust me, it'll help much more too. Your face won't burn but it will grow a gradual tan. I'm pretty sure there are some good facial lotions that are great self tanners. I'm about to order an all natural one.

i find that tanning makes the marks worse - because the active spots are darker than the rest of your skin, they then would tan darker than the clear skin. so the situation remains the same with regards to area of acne, but you are just generally more tan.

(i think that makes sense!)

plus, i cannot tan outside (hello sunburn) and fake tan breaks me out like a mofo.