Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carly_3

Ziana issues....HELP!

A little over a month ago, I finally decided to go to a dermatologist for acne I have been struggling with throughout my teen years. It is mostly on my forehead and chin, and consists of red bumps and some cysts that leave scars. I am 18 now, for background information. My doctor put me on Ziana and Minocycline. The Minocycline I think worked okay, but the Ziana wreaked HAVOC on my skin. First my skin became terrible, which I knew happened to some people, but that went away after about a week. Then it recently came back all at once a few days ago. My skin, specifically on my chin, is dry, red, peeling, and itchy. I actually have Cortizone/Neosporin on it right now because I am afraid of infection and the inflammation is terrible. Obviously, I am going to stop using Ziana, but does anyone have any suggestions about what to do now to fix what Ziana did to me? HELP!

I'm in a similar boat. I used ziana for six weeks to treat my mild acne and consistantly broke out the whole time. I've been off of it for about 2.5 weeks and have only saw a slight improvement. Any thoughts or advice?