Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stargazer2

Should I try the regimen's BP gel?

Hi all, here goes nothing

I'm thinking of switching up my own regimen and ordering acne.org's BP treatment. I follow the regimen steps now 2 times/ day but with products I can buy in the store:

-Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

-Neutrogena on the spot 2.5% BP

-Olay Sensitive Skin lotion

I've had wonderful results with this - I've gone from moderate acne to only having a pimple now and then. The thing is, the neutrogena runs out quickly, is expensive, turns white when wet, and sometime 'rolls' off when applying lotion or makeup. Does anyone think that I should try the acne.org BP gel? Does it produce similar results? I don't want to go backwards by trying this. I'm very happy with the other products I use and don't want those to change. Has anyone tried both BP products? Or have any other thoughts?

Thanks!

The acne.org BP is absolutely fantastic and one could rave about it all day. It does not react to sweat, does not change color (is opaque, actually, and dries completely clear), has no scent and is extremely high quality (especially for the price you pay). It is also exceedingly cheaper than the Neutrogena On-The-Spot, and has even better performance. I highly recommend you try it. I've tried a few BPs over the years and this one without a doubt tops them all, even the higher percentage ones like 10% - this one is far more effective.

The acne.org BP is absolutely fantastic and one could rave about it all day. It does not react to sweat, does not change color (is opaque, actually, and dries completely clear), has no scent and is extremely high quality (especially for the price you pay). It is also exceedingly cheaper than the Neutrogena On-The-Spot, and has even better performance. I highly recommend you try it. I've tried a few BPs over the years and this one without a doubt tops them all, even the higher percentage ones like 10% - this one is far more effective.

I agree totally.

Thanks for the input guys, I know this shouldn't be that big of a switch but it still makes me a little uneasy. But only because I'm in a pretty good place now and don't want it to change. I would still recommend the neutrogena, but it does get REALLY pricy and I'm ready to try the gel.

Just ordered and fingers crossed!

Thanks Again!

It's of very good quality no doubt, my only problem with it is I found it pretty poor at stopping zits while I was out and about.

With some other BP product I can usually go out for a late night without later going to a mirror and finding out a zit or 2 came out during the night. While with the acne.org BP gel I would sometimes find that would happen, so I couldn't rely on it.

The problem was my skin was getting too oily too quick with it. And when you go out on a friday night or something your skin will take an even more beating. But when I stayed home and inside during the week it did a pretty good job at keeping away the breakouts.

Personally, I would recommend cliniques BP. But that's just what works better for me.

Edited by wham

Which product of clinique's has BP? I didn't know they made any. Sorry DK's BP wasn't the best for you. I would say I have fairly normal skin (combination?). Basically the only place I would ever get acne is my forehead and chin/mouth area, and I know that area can produce more oil