Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been cutting out all dairy for the past couple of days and i see a slight impovement in my skin, im going to try to keep this up for 4 more weeks and see how it goes.

dont do it, you need the calcium,phosphorus, b12 and tryptophan.

cutting out dairy = biggest single mistake of my life.

find another way my friend.

cut out sugar instead.

well i told my parents and they felt the same way so they got me almond milk which provides me with calciumm vitamin D and other great stuff. btw what is tryptophan?

cut out sugar instead.

You must be trolling?

Im sure he is.

Even if its true that it may deprive you of vitamins, you can always take supplements!

Anyways Almond Milk has 2x the calcium.....

Milk is definately a bad cause, and thats why I have given it up....Ill work with you and we both can eliminate dairy devils :evil: fromo ur diet.

And hopefully be able to love our skin :wub:

Im sure he is.

Even if its true that it may deprive you of vitamins, you can always take supplements!

Anyways Almond Milk has 2x the calcium.....

Milk is definately a bad cause, and thats why I have given it up....Ill work with you and we both can eliminate dairy devils :evil: fromo ur diet.

You don't need supplements because it isn't difficult to get calcium, tryptophan or anything else if you eat a lot of real, whole, nutrient dense foods. And you don't need that much of either.

You need the other nutrients needed to use calcium and tryptophan, to not do things that deplete calcium, and a natural circadian cycle to produce seratonin from tryptophan.

cut out sugar instead.

You must be trolling?

yea, trolling.

since 2006.

if you would like me to elaborate on why this may have been this biggest mistake of my life, i tell you. i was brainwashed by much of the claims on this website as i didnt have any critical thinking skills at all, and was very trusting, but even more desparate. two years ago i was diagnosed with a bad case of crohns disease, and as far as it is known it is a life long debilitating condition, that is poorly managed by mainstream medicine. so first im concerned about acne and i think thats bad, now with crohns i wish my only challenge was acne. it was not long ago that i was suicidal over acne itself, thinking my life couldnt get any worse. but it got much, much worse.hahahaha. but before i got crohns, i decided that instead of dying, i would instead attempt to live this life like no other man/woman before me, even if that was a foolish thing to say, or an impossible goal, so every challenge that come toward me, i just continue to try to overcome it, no matter how hopeless it seems, or people may try to say it is.my motto has been, nobody knows what i can achieve, and neither do i, so i must try.

to make this a little shorter, and to get back to the topic at hand, im now considering the fact that low tryptophan intake, has much more to do with crohns disease then i would have ever realized. if it is true that melatonin that is produced by intestinal endocrine cells, influences the pancreas to secrete amylase, which digests starches, then the maldigestion of starches could then lead to feeding the bacteroides species of bacteria, which may be implicated in triggering the inflammation known as inflammatory bowel disease, specifically, crohns. but it is not as simple as low tryptophan in the diet, you must also work only the night shift for 3 years, rarely get sun exposure, stop eating grains(fiber), and then, take some antibiotics, and eat too late at night before bed. that will be enough to give you crohns disease. but tryptophan, most definitly needed to make melatonin, and very likely implicated in crohns disease. tryptophan may be able to explain every feature of the disease, bring it into the realm of prime causation. the immune dysregulation, the changes ins bacterial composition of the gut, tryptophan can possibly explain it all, but again it is only a theory that needs to be proven, but the supporting evidence is there, lots of it.

no trolling here, im seriously here to help people.

i do realize dairy influences acnes severity, but you need the stuff thats in there, there are other ways to improve your acne condition. cutting out dairy is only another treatment, not a real solution.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

See what your saying auto but for many of us dairy is a prime cause of acne. Hell even after I got clear I tried whole organic milk and within days had huge cysts under my jaw. Dumped the milk and never looked back. Cysts took about a week then to clear. Not only that, but I'm a top athlete. Anyone who competes at high levels should avoid dairy. It will slow you down dramatically. The side effects just aren't worth it. Severe inflammation, Ibs, cramping/bloating, gas, if your like me ton of digestive issues, excess mucus, the list goes on. It's crazy to hear your chrons got better after drinking milk again. What kind of milk?

See what your saying auto but for many of us dairy is a prime cause of acne. Hell even after I got clear I tried whole organic milk and within days had huge cysts under my jaw. Dumped the milk and never looked back. Cysts took about a week then to clear. Not only that, but I'm a top athlete. Anyone who competes at high levels should avoid dairy. It will slow you down dramatically. The side effects just aren't worth it. Severe inflammation, Ibs, cramping/bloating, gas, if your like me ton of digestive issues, excess mucus, the list goes on. It's crazy to hear your chrons got better after drinking milk again. What kind of milk?

if you re read my post, i didnt claim i got better after drinking milk again, i eat cheese with little to no lactose, and can barely tolerate that. and i also said if my theory is correct, then i will get better, but i am stable now. which means i manage everything without the use of any pharmaceuticals, no mucus, no blood, no diarrhea, just a little inflammation and maldigestion, with occasional slight constipation, which i define as one bm per day, which to everyone else standards is totally fine, but i believe 2 bms a day is optimal, as i have achieved this before, when in my best , healthiest state.

i will have to use a tryptophan supplement to get enough tryptophan to cure my "deficit", because cheese still has some lactose in it, so i only eat 2-3 pieces a day. the tryptophan supplement will hopefully encourage amylase levels to go back to normal, while simultaneousy taking enzyme supplements(with amylase), fiber, antibacterials and probiotics to correct the bacteria that were disbalanced from maldigested starches/polysacharrides. its going to take a while, anywhere from 3-12 months.

i know the connection with acne and milk is for real, you might have better results with cheese though, and just because acne gets dramatically worse when you drink milk, does not mean that milk is the causes, there are tons of intermediate cells, bacteria and molecules between the milk and your acne that are equally at fault, not just the milk/dairy.

if your symptoms when drinking milk were mucus and blood, you may have undiagnosed inflammatory bowel disease. it is well known that many people with acne, have associated intestinal issues, at least studies suggest there is an association. and also the pamphlet that was given to me by my GI doc, has stated this is commonly observed as well. the problem isnt the milk, the problem is your digestive system.

cut out sugar instead.

You must be trolling?

:wall:

cut out sugar instead.

You must be trolling?

yea, trolling.

since 2006.

if you would like me to elaborate on why this may have been this biggest mistake of my life, i tell you. i was brainwashed by much of the claims on this website as i didnt have any critical thinking skills at all, and was very trusting, but even more desparate. two years ago i was diagnosed with a bad case of crohns disease, and as far as it is known it is a life long debilitating condition, that is poorly managed by mainstream medicine. so first im concerned about acne and i think thats bad, now with crohns i wish my only challenge was acne. it was not long ago that i was suicidal over acne itself, thinking my life couldnt get any worse. but it got much, much worse.hahahaha. but before i got crohns, i decided that instead of dying, i would instead attempt to live this life like no other man/woman before me, even if that was a foolish thing to say, or an impossible goal, so every challenge that come toward me, i just continue to try to overcome it, no matter how hopeless it seems, or people may try to say it is.my motto has been, nobody knows what i can achieve, and neither do i, so i must try.

to make this a little shorter, and to get back to the topic at hand, im now considering the fact that low tryptophan intake, has much more to do with crohns disease then i would have ever realized. if it is true that melatonin that is produced by intestinal endocrine cells, influences the pancreas to secrete amylase, which digests starches, then the maldigestion of starches could then lead to feeding the bacteroides species of bacteria, which may be implicated in triggering the inflammation known as inflammatory bowel disease, specifically, crohns. but it is not as simple as low tryptophan in the diet, you must also work only the night shift for 3 years, rarely get sun exposure, stop eating grains(fiber), and then, take some antibiotics, and eat too late at night before bed. that will be enough to give you crohns disease. but tryptophan, most definitly needed to make melatonin, and very likely implicated in crohns disease. tryptophan may be able to explain every feature of the disease, bring it into the realm of prime causation. the immune dysregulation, the changes ins bacterial composition of the gut, tryptophan can possibly explain it all, but again it is only a theory that needs to be proven, but the supporting evidence is there, lots of it.

i do realize dairy influences acnes severity, but you need the stuff thats in there, there are other ways to improve your acne condition. cutting out dairy is only another treatment, not a real solution.

That may have been a problem for you, but milk contributing to problems, such as acne, is NO false claim for many.

Have you ever heard of blood types? Type O, A, B, AB.

Well, each blood type is different in how it loses weight, fights off infections, and maintians optimum hleath.

Myself, being a type O, cannot process dairy of gluten. (Theres a book on this, backed up with two generations of doctors research and theories)Type O is the most popular blood type. type A cannot eat it either. The only blood type that can somewhat porcess dairy is Type B, but B's are not very common.

Type O was the earliest blood type, back in the 'cavemen' developments. What did they eat? They hunted animals and colected berries. They did not have dairy or prodcuts like that. Anyone that passed hsitory would know some of the earliest humans developed in Africa, therefore type O being the earleist blood type, youll find many African Americans are lactose-intolerant. So if youre a type B, you proabably wont have a problem with dairy (blood types can be found by a doctor) as much as Type A and Type O.

Being a Type O, I am supposed to have lean meats, seafood, and vegetables. I'm supposed to have pineappls and prunes....and KELP! Crazy, I know. But when IVe stuck to a Type O diet I have less stomach aches and I feel fresher and better!

Type A's cant process meat or dairy. So theyre typically vegetarians.

Type B's are lucky, becuase they can eat amost anything.

Theres also differnet diseases each type is prone to.

My point is, everyone is different. And just becuase you say milk works for you, doesnt mean it will work for 20 other people. So Im continuing my no milk, little gluten, less added sugar diet until I'm clear, and than I may say "told you so".

So Im continuing my no milk, little gluten, less added sugar diet until I'm clear, and than I may say "told you so".

arrogance is the worst personality trait and is usually a sign of low self esteem. also, it is a major cause of faulty reasoning due to unreasonable affections towards your own assumed infallible reasoning, perceptions and general viewpoint. perhaps its even a sign of narcissism as well, and a fear of losing your rank in some way, a fear of abandonment and losing love. We all could be wrong anytime of the day unfortunatly, even as hard as we try to be right. and to your comment i say, stop seeking the approval and validation of others, you are super cool and beautiful. Also, dont use your method of curing your acne to prove how important you are, regardless of your method and theory, you are still worthwhile human being , apart from your own perceptions of what the reality is. we should work together to share information as a community at acne.org.

cut out sugar instead.

You must be trolling?

yea, trolling.

since 2006.

That may have been a problem for you, but milk contributing to problems, such as acne, is NO false claim for many.

Well, each blood type is different in how it loses weight, fights off infections, and maintians optimum hleath.

Myself, being a type O, cannot process dairy of gluten. (Theres a book on this, backed up with two generations of doctors research and theories)Type O is the most popular blood type. type A cannot eat it either. The only blood type that can somewhat porcess dairy is Type B, but B's are not very common.

Type O was the earliest blood type, back in the 'cavemen' developments. What did they eat? They hunted animals and colected berries. They did not have dairy or prodcuts like that. Anyone that passed hsitory would know some of the earliest humans developed in Africa, therefore type O being the earleist blood type, youll find many African Americans are lactose-intolerant. So if youre a type B, you proabably wont have a problem with dairy (blood types can be found by a doctor) as much as Type A and Type O.

Being a Type O, I am supposed to have lean meats, seafood, and vegetables. I'm supposed to have pineappls and prunes....and KELP! Crazy, I know. But when IVe stuck to a Type O diet I have less stomach aches and I feel fresher and better!

My point is, everyone is different. And just becuase you say milk works for you, doesnt mean it will work for 20 other people. So Im continuing my no milk, little gluten, less added sugar diet until I'm clear, and than I may say "told you so".

ill consider the blood type diet information you have provided me, i have read some goo dstudies that suggests there are differences between the enzyme secretion of different races of humans, but im not sure they associated it with blood types. ill have to look for some authoritative studies on this though, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

supposedly people with darker skin tend to produce less lactase enzyme after the age of 30, but im not sure we understand all the reasons why yet.

cut out sugar instead.

Wrong.

Milk is generally touted as being good for bones and whatnot. Not only is milk highly insulinogenic (raises blood sugar) and raises IGF-1 levels, which directly contribute to cancer (and acne,) but humans lose a significant portion of their lactase after the age of 2 which impedes with our ability to even digest the milk, let alone extract any viable nutrients from it. Coincidentally, about 70% of the world has some degree of lactose intolerance. A food that 70% of the world can't eat is certainly not a food humans are meant to eat/

When milk is homogenized, the fat in it is broken up to make the milk uniform in composition. Homogenized milk in particular allows fat to flow freely into arteries where it can build up and cause a host of problems. Homogenized milk makes it easier for the fat in the milk to enter our bloodstream as well.

Pasteurization is another problem and the one problem that makes the whole milk = good for bones thing a myth. After milk is pasteurized, it goes through something called the Negative Phosphatase Test. This test tests for the presence of the phosphatase enzyme which is needed by our body to actually utilize and absorb the calcium in the milk. If there is NO phosphatase in the milk, that means it has been pasteurized properly. If there is no phosphatase in the milk, it also means milk is completely useless as a source of calcium.

It would be like if you bought a car, but it was missing the steering wheel. You have a car and that's great, but you're unable to drive it so what's the point?

If you do drink milk, it should ONLY be raw milk and in all honesty not something that should be only eaten once in a while and not a staple of your diet.

You really need to get off the dairy bandwagon.

So Im continuing my no milk, little gluten, less added sugar diet until I'm clear, and than I may say "told you so".

arrogance is the worst personality trait and is usually a sign of low self esteem. also, it is a major cause of faulty reasoning due to unreasonable affections towards your own assumed infallible reasoning, perceptions and general viewpoint. perhaps its even a sign of narcissism as well, and a fear of losing your rank in some way, a fear of abandonment and losing love. We all could be wrong anytime of the day unfortunatly, even as hard as we try to be right. and to your comment i say, stop seeking the approval and validation of others, you are super cool and beautiful. Also, dont use your method of curing your acne to prove how important you are, regardless of your method and theory, you are still worthwhile human being , apart from your own perceptions of what the reality is. we should work together to share information as a community at acne.org.

I was joking around. Calm down. :rolleyes: Sheesh, thank you Dr. Phil. Im not here to "seek approval" and your whole essay. nor am I here to pick a fight. It was all in playful behavior and Im sorry you took it seriously. :angel:

cut out sugar instead.

Wrong.

Milk is generally touted as being good for bones and whatnot. Not only is milk highly insulinogenic (raises blood sugar) and raises IGF-1 levels, which directly contribute to cancer (and acne,) but humans lose a significant portion of their lactase after the age of 2 which impedes with our ability to even digest the milk, let alone extract any viable nutrients from it. Coincidentally, about 70% of the world has some degree of lactose intolerance. A food that 70% of the world can't eat is certainly not a food humans are meant to eat/

When milk is homogenized, the fat in it is broken up to make the milk uniform in composition. Homogenized milk in particular allows fat to flow freely into arteries where it can build up and cause a host of problems. Homogenized milk makes it easier for the fat in the milk to enter our bloodstream as well.

Pasteurization is another problem and the one problem that makes the whole milk = good for bones thing a myth. After milk is pasteurized, it goes through something called the Negative Phosphatase Test. This test tests for the presence of the phosphatase enzyme which is needed by our body to actually utilize and absorb the calcium in the milk. If there is NO phosphatase in the milk, that means it has been pasteurized properly. If there is no phosphatase in the milk, it also means milk is completely useless as a source of calcium.

It would be like if you bought a car, but it was missing the steering wheel. You have a car and that's great, but you're unable to drive it so what's the point?

If you do drink milk, it should ONLY be raw milk and in all honesty not something that should be only eaten once in a while and not a staple of your diet.

Somebody knows there milk... :clap:

If there is no phosphatase in the milk, it also means milk is completely useless as a source of calcium.

so yes, you seem be correct that there is a phosphatase enzyme test to measure the degree of pasturization of milk, and is an interesting fact, but not of much significance to pertain to health issues, or so i currently believe.

But for you to claim it makes the calcium in the milk unabsorbable, and that we need this enzyme to absorb calcium in the milk,I do believe that is a false claim,as this claim is in contradiction to multiple studies that have existed for years with, very likely, milk that has been pastuerized, that comparing milk as a standard measure of calcium absorption, compared to other foods. milk has always been proven to have a highly absorbable source of calcium, 2nd only to brassica vegetables which can be slightly higher then milk, which if they actually contained as much calcium as milk, may be a rivaling source, but typically these vegetables are more expensive and do not contain that much calcium compared to milk, so even though a greater portion of the existing calcium is absorbed from brassica vegetables, milk has the amount of calcium we need, therefore, it wins out as a better cheaper source. almonds have also been shown to have at least a calcium absorbability equivalent to milk as well, but people also have problems with nuts, so were are even back in the same place, is it the food that is the problem or the persons digestive system? i put more weight on the funtioning of the digestive system itself, rather then soley the milk or food.

if you coudl provide some authoritative evidence, like three existing studies that demonstrate your claim to be true, perhaps i may consider this a bit more indepth, but even three studies may not be enough to back up your claim, when there are likely more then three to provide evidence in its refutation and opposition.

i am a man of science, i am not on any band wagon whatsoever other then that which is right and true by experiment and the authority of experiance, and the experiance correctly interpreted through reason. i am not out to "prove" many things to be true, im less interested in fame for the sake of fame, more then i exist to find and discover what the truth and reality of any matter is.

cut out sugar instead.

You must be trolling?

yea, trolling.

since 2006.

ill consider the blood type diet information you have provided me, i have read some goo dstudies that suggests there are differences between the enzyme secretion of different races of humans, but im not sure they associated it with blood types. ill have to look for some authoritative studies on this though, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

supposedly people with darker skin tend to produce less lactase enzyme after the age of 30, but im not sure we understand all the reasons why yet.

Yup.

thats what im hoping for:)!

auto havnt you even considered that the fact humans drink milk is even kind of wierd, what other animal does after their an infant and what other animal drinks another animals milk? I think we've been a bit brainwashed by the adds and claims by the milk companies:(.

thats what im hoping for:)!

auto havnt you even considered that the fact humans drink milk is even kind of wierd, what other animal does after their an infant and what other animal drinks another animals milk? I think we've been a bit brainwashed by the adds and claims by the milk companies:(.

We werent designed to drink other animals milk. When you just sit and thank for a moment, it totally seems crazy. We werent evoled to drink cows milk. The only thing COWs milk (and any other milk) was natrually intended for was to nurtutre a calf to grow big and hefty. It was NOT intended for humans to drink! Jus think about it. That milk auses a baby calf to gain 100+ pounds and were DRINKING that, and dont even get me started with all the hormones addatives.

Worst. Thing. Ever.

Anyways, you really dont have to give up that much. Milk has laternatives like Almond MIlk, which you can cook with also. And instead of ice cream, just get Sorbe'. I admit, cheese is proabably pretty irreplacable. Its not like anyboy has that much of it in the first palce.

Milk=no.

Personally i wouldn't worry about what WE are meant to eat. I think we all handle different foods differently so you just have to try and find what you as an indvidual can handle best or what affects your skin the least.

Different animals eat all kinds of "weird" things.

Anyhows.

How long did people find they had to stop eating dairy before they cleared?

How do people who react to dairy find butter affects them?

Personally i wouldn't worry about what WE are meant to eat. I think we all handle different foods differently so you just have to try and find what you as an indvidual can handle best or what affects your skin the least.

Different animals eat all kinds of "weird" things.

Anyhows.

How long did people find they had to stop eating dairy before they cleared?

How do people who react to dairy find butter affects them?

I would worry about what humans are meant to eat. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned like that.

Eating what humans are not meant to eat is going against common sense and all logic.