Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mindwitch

what can i use to moisturize my dry flakey scalp that won't aggravate my acne?

it seems i'm suffering from like dandruff and i think it has to do to the fact that im afraid to put oil in my hair because i dont' want it to aggravate my forehead acne. does anyone know if any oils i can use to moisturize my hair that won't cause my forehead to breakout if it drips down there? coconut oil isnt moisturizing enough for me.

Well, you could use Head and Shoulders: Classic Clean. It contains Zinc which should get rid of your dandruff, and at the same time, zinc is supposed to be a good anti-inflammatory, so it shouldn't have any negative effects on your acne.

I've actually heard of people using the shampoo to treat their acne, so I think you'll be safe.

Jojoba oil is also very good. When I get dandruff from time to time, I put some jojoba oil on the tips of my fingers and gently massage it into my scalp. It's great for skin and acne as well. Another thing I like to do is mix some baking soda into my shampoo. This exfoliates my scalp and leaves my hair shiny. I use baking soda as a mask for my face,works wonders(a bit drying though).