Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShayRobbie

Why is my chin acne so persistent?

Litertrly NOTHING works on my chin acne, I read about someone who stopped using a toothpaste with flouride and that helped them and I tryed it and it helped me a lot, but my chin is still covered in acne and its the only place I get it as well. I heard chin acne is caused by a hormonal imbalance and that Birth Control could help but I really dont want to take that as it just screws up your hormones and makes your acne severe when you come off it. I was thinking about changing my diet but not sure it would do much since my acne is probs hormone related. Has anyone had any success clearing chin acne? By the way I'm a 15 year old girl if that helps, also the dans regimen didnt work for me.

Well, a few questions:

1) What are your habits like? Do you pick?

2) Do you wear any makeup?

3) What is your skincare routine like?

4) When did you start breaking out, and what do you think is the likely reason behind the breakouts?

My acne was persistent because I would pick and scratch at pimples, and I would use products/methods that were inappropriate for my skin. Once I eliminated those variables, it stopped being persistent.

1)I don't pick but I do touch it alot

2)Yes, mineral foundation but only because my chin is so inflamed and red because of acne

3)I use cleanser to take my makeup off and wash my face morning and night with cold water

4) when I was 11 on my chin, forehead, cheeks and back, everything cleared uplong ago now apart from my annoying chin :( Likely reason probably hormones and puberty I guess

Off all the clogged pores on my face the ones on my chin are the ones that are the most stubborn too. Nothing has completely worked on it. Salicylic acid did help it some. They are the largest clogged pores on my face too, largest bumps. They almost never turn into whiteheads or blackheads though unless i start squeezing them to get the white gunk out.

Guest davidtheskinking

According to chinese face mapping, chin acne is linked to the kidney's, bladder and colon.

It may be worth looking into, I would recommend boosting your nutrition to these organs and see if that helps clear it up at all.

I have/had the exact same problem as you, I started getting chin acne when I was like 13, and I'm finally nearly clear at 18. The things that worked for me are duac, and getting rid of gluten and dairy from my diet (which is hard to do, but try it for a week and see if it makes a difference to your chin acne). I was put on the pill by my doc to try and get rid of my chin acne, I was on it for two years, and it did nothing for me except mess me up, got ALOT more moody, couldnt sleep and I cryed ALOT... ugh I will never go on the pill again, I felt sooo free after coming of it :) anyways hope this helps. (sorry for the late reply)

oh and also try and start drinking green tea!

Edited by emmylou92

I reccomend Dove Soap as a cleanser and to drink Cranberry Juice and lots of water to help cleanse your kidneys and liver