Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, I got this new brush that I used for the first time today with my mac studio fix. I haven't worn makeup in a long time but since I'm going out today I decided that I should..

The brush felt really rough on my skin and made me feel as if it was scratching it so I think this will be the last time I use it. My question is can a brush like that cause you to break out? It was my first time using it so it wasn't dirty or anything.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

i use to use natural bristle and it felt like needles on my face then my friend gave me a synthetic brush and its waaaayy softer:)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Thanks guys! it's the next day and there's no irritation or anything! I'm just gonna stop using them, and face makeup all together, my skin is doing pretty well anyway. If anything I'll ask my derm for a good powder I can use whenever I need some coverage.

the ecotools kabuki is really soft, too. just takes forever to dry. the handle can also be a little sensitive.

I second the Ecotools. All their brushes are incredibly soft. I'm also in love with the Elf Studio kabuki brush...possibly more than my ecotools one.

Where can I buy the Everyday Minerals brushes? Anyone know? I use a bareminerals brush now and it's super scratchy. :(

I second the Ecotools. All their brushes are incredibly soft. I'm also in love with the Elf Studio kabuki brush...possibly more than my ecotools one.

i've been pretty impressed with the ELF studio brushes i've bought. they're awesome. i recently got the countour brush for the eyes, n it works well for the crease. also loving the very famous powder studio brush. so multi-functional.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Where can I buy the Everyday Minerals brushes? Anyone know? I use a bareminerals brush now and it's super scratchy. :(

Only online. I've only purchased the one, but it was quite nice.

And OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ecotools! I have a bunch of their eye brushes. Once I get back into makeup in the fall, I hope to buy more (if there are more to buy).

Thanks woman! I'm going to look it up today. I need one pronto. :D

Ok...update...ECOTOOLS ARE FAWESOME! Gahhh they feel so nice against my skin and I bought the set that has the eye makeup brushes as well and they are AMAZING! Thank you! :wub:

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I love Ecotools too, but I've been using Sigma's synthetic kabuki brushes (F80 and F82) to apply liquid foundation and mineral makeup, and they're amazing. Regardless of brand, synthetic brushes are WAY better for acne-prone skin because they don't trap bacteria as easily as natural bristles. Also, the animal cruelty behind natural brushes is horrific. I see using natural brushes as tantamount to wearing fur.