Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pixiedixie

Soy for hormonal acne?

Hi I'm new to this forum, sorry if I didn't post this topic correctly.

Anyway, I'm 23, female and I've had acne since my early teens, but it gotten worse when I was around 18. I started taking Diane35 and it helped. I'm off the pill since January and the acne are coming back. I'm assuming these are hormonal acne, because nothing has helped other than the pill.

I have an appointment at the endocrinologist, but it's in April 2012 and honestly, I can't wait that long.

Now, to the question. :) I'm assuming I don't have enough estrogen (or too much testosterone?), just like women who are in menopause. And these women are recommended to take soy supplements, right? So, do you think could these soy supplements also work for me?

Sorry if the question has already been resolved and sorry for my English - it's not my native language :D

Thank you for your answers!

Edited by pixiedixie

Or not enough progesterone. Or too much estrogen in relation to the amount of estrogen. It's very difficult to know what's going on with your hormones. They fluctuate. That's why doctors prescribe BCP by trial and error.

This is why it is better to work on health so your body can manage itself rather than to directly try to alter your estrogen, testosterone and progesterone levels with supplements. Work on improving blood sugar metabolism/insulin sensitivity, body fat, liver function, adrenal health, sleep, etc. More info: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2574328

Soy might help your hormone issue, or it might make things worse. And it's extremely common to be intolerant to it. If you really want to try something estrogenic, there's flax seed which has the added benefit of some omega 3 fats.