Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jet1293

Changing from PanOxyl 5 to PanOxyl 10

Hey everyone, for the past few months I have been using panoxyl 5 acnegel and it has worked pretty well on my skin, however the store I puchase the product ran out of it and only had PanOxyl 10 acnegel. I bought it because it was pretty cheap...

Will the 10 percent version do much more than the 5 percent version? Will my skin be use to it since I have been using PanOxyl all this time or will it be like using a completely different product? Is it worth waiting out a few days and trying to find PanOxyl 5 instead of trying PanOxyl 10?

Hi there

In the beginning, go easy on the panoxyl 10, meaning use it very sparingly, since it is stronger.

Once your skin gets adjusted to it, use it in proper amounts.

Just beware of irritation, because 10% bp is VERY STRONG, especially when leaving it on overnight.

However, it keeps pimples away for good.

Good luck :)

2.5% is best. However, anything up to 5% should most likely be fine, albeit more drying and no more effective. Avoid 10% preparations which will over dry. One exception is when dealing with pimples on the back. The skin in this area is tough and may withstand 10% nicely. If you can find a 10% much cheaper, feel free to try it on the back.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#higherpercentagebp