Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hans83

How long do I need to wait between using BP and Tretinoin?

I use BP in the AM (during shower) and Tretinoin in the PM (before bed).

However, due to a summer job that requires me to be outside all day and generally get dirty/sweaty so I haven't been taking showers in the AM, but when I get off work at 4PM. At that time I use BP. I usually get ready for bed around 10PM so I use the Tretinoin then.

I've read lots of things on here (and elsewhere) that suggest BP counteracts Tretinoin and their use should be separated, which is why Dermatologists prescribe BP for the AM and Tretinoin for the PM. Due to my summer schedule though I'm only waiting ~6 hours between the two medications. Is there enough time or will they counteract one another?

Thanks.

When my derm prescribed me retin-a she said that I could continue using duac. She also said that I could apply them both at night. I found this a little odd since duac contains bp but retin a seems to be working. What exactly does bp do to retinoids?

ahh man I would advise against it. My derm gave me BP and Retin A to start and I was getting burned(this is doing the AM/PM schedule too). Right now I still have a really noticeable one on my cheek from the BP :/

Edited by robiii