Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys -

I had to take a round of antibiotics about 2.5 weeks ago. Even though I was taking a probiotic the whole time, I have been very backed up since. I am lucky to have a BM in the morning an hour after I wake up, but it's not easy and the right form that it should be. I rarely ever get the urge...

I eat a paleo diet...chicken, beef, eggs, lots of veggies, minimal fruits (grapefruit and berries), and good fats (olive oil, coconut oil). I avoid gluten, dairy, soy, and corn. I recently started taking Vitamin D3 and zinc because my blood tests showed I was severely deficient. My acne is clearing up, but my BMs are few and far between! When I'm regular, I usually have 1-3 BMs a day!

What can I do to get myself regular again? I drink a lot of water and I don't really want to take a fiber supplement.

I find that when I take Primal Defense, I immediately feel an urge to go, but I've heard that the soil organisms aren't good, so i think I need a new probiotic...

Any advice would be great, thanks!

vsl#3 450 billion per serving, get it at your local pharmacy or mail order from their website.

psyllium may help as well.

I've heard that psyllium is very irritating to the digestive tract.

I have magnesium citrate (200mg) pills that I think should help...have you heard of that? Like taking 1-2 pills each meal and then once you get a loose stool, decrease the amount of pills by 1 each day...

vsl#3 450 billion per serving, get it at your local pharmacy or mail order from their website.

psyllium may help as well.

I've heard that psyllium is very irritating to the digestive tract.

I have magnesium citrate (200mg) pills that I think should help...have you heard of that? Like taking 1-2 pills each meal and then once you get a loose stool, decrease the amount of pills by 1 each day...

im sure its a different experiance for everybody, but generally speaking, there are positive effects.

just try it and and if it doesnt help, ditch it, simple as that.

ive tried that, and it didnt seem to help for me, i have had bad side effects from anything bound to citric acid. if you suspect are deficient in magnesium, then get a magnesium supplement by blue bonnet, the albion chelated version.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980