Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, I'll introduce myself.Im going into 8th grade, I'm Cassey. I used to have clear skin, but now its zit city. :cry: When school ended it started. A month ago, exactly proabably. I guess I made it worse by using SO many chemicals, :wall: and its ruining my summer, I dont want to go anywhere. I just want it to go away by school.

So I decided to take a look into a natraul path. :think:

No Dairy

No Gluten

More Exercise

More Water

More Veggie and Fruit

Less Sugar :wacko:

Better sleep.

I really hope these help heal it internally, and just detoxify. :boogie:

My new regimen is:

Aveeno Cleanser

St. Ives Collagen Lotion

Tea Tree Oil...

Anyone else that would like to share there journeys, give advice, and seek help in holisticm ethods is welcome. Thanks :)

It's good you're starting now so you can prevent the damage to your body a lot of us have already endured. I do recommend chucking everything but the Tea Tree Oil. Those other creams will just end up doing nothing but probably making your skin more oily (in a bad way).

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "less sugar". I've grown to never buy anything with added sugar (unless it's maybe 1g or less, but even then it's rare). You'll start adapting to a healthier diet to the point where you won't crave sugar or junk food anymore. Get yourself some raw honey if you can, it tastes better in my opinion anyways.

Keep up the good work!

It's good you're starting now so you can prevent the damage to your body a lot of us have already endured. I do recommend chucking everything but the Tea Tree Oil. Those other creams will just end up doing nothing but probably making your skin more oily (in a bad way).

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "less sugar". I've grown to never buy anything with added sugar (unless it's maybe 1g or less, but even then it's rare). You'll start adapting to a healthier diet to the point where you won't crave sugar or junk food anymore. Get yourself some raw honey if you can, it tastes better in my opinion anyways.

Keep up the good work!

I have natrually dry skin, so I need to mousturize. I dont really have a problem with 'oily skin'. And I havent had a porblem with a mousturizer either. I love it! Hahah.

Im still deciding over the Aveeno Blemish Cleanser (used it b4, good experience), Cetaphil, and Neautrogena. Yeah, I ment none of that processed crap.

I drink tea every night (have since like....6th grade...) and I always add honey instead of sugar.

Also I dont have a problem with scarring. I only haveo ne tiny ice pick scar in the corner of my cheek that i dont even think was from acne becuase it has been here since 6th grade. I have had little freckles form zits, but they dont bother. I dont have a problem with red marks and scars.

I never get acne on my chin, or jawline. Its happned liek a few times, but like really rare! Its crazy.

I usually get acne on my cheeks/nose-sih area and on my forehead. The usually white heads, or tiny red dots (I dont know what you call them)

I really rarely get cysts, and I have never had a blackhead (although i dont see why there SUCH a big deal, there jsut the tiniest black dots, maybe its just me)

But right now Im dealing with a bad breakout. And i got sunburned on my cheek. But its healing!

Keep up the good work!

I have natrually dry skin, so I need to mousturize. I dont really have a problem with 'oily skin'. And I havent had a porblem with a mousturizer either. I love it! Hahah.

Im still deciding over the Aveeno Blemish Cleanser (used it b4, good experience), Cetaphil, and Neautrogena. Yeah, I ment none of that processed crap.

I drink tea every night (have since like....6th grade...) and I always add honey instead of sugar.

Its nice that your using honey instead of sugar but you should still take the honey away cause honey is basically sugar but with some benefits. I also have the same goal as you. I want to be clear before school starts again cause who wants to start school with acne.

Just wanted to add, it has been 2 days and I already see huge improvement. The redness and inflammation has drasticaly gone down. Still got alot to go.... :dance:

I'm glad you can see improvement :) I'm also on a similar regime, and for a similar cause as well. I'm starting university in September and aim to be clear for that. How long do you exercise for a day?

Good luck, it's great to start young, just know that you are very young, at a time when acne is normal. But following a great diet and hollistic lifestyle you should see great results.

As far as the food goes, we're on the same regimen. (: I just decided earlier this week that I was going to try and eat better, and to be honest I'm already seeing results. But the thing I want to say is kudos to you for being so young and actually doing this! My sister needs take a page outta your book. She's exactly the same age as you and will be going into Grade 8. If I tried to get her to do this with me, she'd never stop laughing. The girl lives on Wendy's, iced cappuccinos, and pop tarts. And she gets zits too, although she's been using benxoyl peroxide lately and it's been helping a lot.

Anyway, 'grats for deciding to eat better. (: I want clear(er) skin before September as well.

Keep up the good work!

Its nice that your using honey instead of sugar but you should still take the honey away cause honey is basically sugar but with some benefits. I also have the same goal as you. I want to be clear before school starts again cause who wants to start school with acne.

Yeah. It juts annyos me watching the girls at my school gulping down Monsters and still lovely skin.....bastards...

As far as the food goes, we're on the same regimen. (: I just decided earlier this week that I was going to try and eat better, and to be honest I'm already seeing results. But the thing I want to say is kudos to you for being so young and actually doing this! My sister needs take a page outta your book. She's exactly the same age as you and will be going into Grade 8. If I tried to get her to do this with me, she'd never stop laughing. The girl lives on Wendy's, iced cappuccinos, and pop tarts. And she gets zits too, although she's been using benxoyl peroxide lately and it's been helping a lot.

Anyway, 'grats for deciding to eat better. (: I want clear(er) skin before September as well.

Thankyou! Yeah, Ive lived a generally hleathy lifestyle....

Ive never been to Taco Bell, Jack in The Box, Wendys, or any of those places.....and i hate coffee

But I hate usnig BP, becuase I get chemical burns, that jsut arent worth it....especially when theres other methods...

Good luck, it's great to start young, just know that you are very young, at a time when acne is normal. But following a great diet and hollistic lifestyle you should see great results.

Thankyou. When I started to get light/moderate acne, I hated it.

Especially when al lthese grils live off pizza (some take DRUGS) and they have baby butt skin! Ehhh. I want clear skin by school ,and Im opting for it.

Im going to a dermatologist in about 5 days.

hey bp gave me burns too:( ive been off dairy lately and i think a holistic approach is great although i do feel bad when people around me get to eat all the gunk they want.....oh well great skin and confidence is waaaayyyy better:) goodluck and stay consistent!!

Just wanted to add, it has been 2 days and I already see huge improvement. The redness and inflammation has drasticaly gone down. Still got alot to go.... :dance:

I'm glad you can see improvement :) I'm also on a similar regime, and for a similar cause as well. I'm starting university in September and aim to be clear for that. How long do you exercise for a day?

Thanks I wish you luck too! Schools starts in late August...got about a month and one half.

Im praying im clear by then :pray:

I exercise a few times a week....pretty normal. I went jogging for one hour yesterday on the trail ni the woods, I ended up off trail and had a littel trouble getting home...hahahaha :shifty:

hey bp gave me burns too:( ive been off dairy lately and i think a holistic approach is great although i do feel bad when people around me get to eat all the gunk they want.....oh well great skin and confidence is waaaayyyy better:) goodluck and stay consistent!!

I am trying. But its incredibly hard, becuase Im 12 so I cant really cook my own meals....

My parents are divorced, and theres 7 people at each house. Thats 14 people i live iwth every week that dont eat the smae as I do....packing the cheetos down....its very hard. But I restricted myself from my one true love :wub: BRIE cheese, the other night....im proud fo that

lol oh yes brie cheese is glorious:) good job! and yeah its hard, i told my familly and they started laughing at me and told me i wouldnt be able to do it:/ then when they realised i was serious my dad took me to the grocery store to get some things i could eat and would keep me healthy like eggs, almond milk, hummus, salmon, and leafy greens:) and if you dont know how to cook no worries thats what youtube is for lol thats where i learned:)

lol oh yes brie cheese is glorious:) good job! and yeah its hard, i told my familly and they started laughing at me and told me i wouldnt be able to do it:/ then when they realised i was serious my dad took me to the grocery store to get some things i could eat and would keep me healthy like eggs, almond milk, hummus, salmon, and leafy greens:) and if you dont know how to cook no worries thats what youtube is for lol thats where i learned:)

Yeah, what I meant by the cooking tihng. Is when mom cooks dinner, theres no making your own, you sit and eat what she made.....and i wont have itme to remake my own dinner.....sigh.

Alomond Milk is what I got too...although Im kseptical about nuts (and soy will NOT do)

So Im looking into coconut, oat and rice milk.....

You know what was really fricken annyonig the other day? Somel ittel boy, said to his mom "Her face is bad, it has red dots all over it." I know its just a kid, but that made me want to cry....