Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leeliverpool

Help please its making me depressed

Right got to the point now where i just don't want to go out my house and enjoy the summer with mates because of my skin and its making me depressed, ive had acne for since 13 (now 17) has gotten worse over the years its not like loads of little spots in one place its like 3-6 big cystic acne in different areas mainly the chin, i have loads of black heads on chin and nose and my nose and chin is quite oily.

I have tried loads of face washes,srubs,wipes ect.. none seem to work on stopping these big spots come out. sometimes my face is clear with only little spots for 2 weeks then a big pimple will form then another... i always drink water and have been for past 2 years i don't drink fizzy drinks or eat sweets or fast food, i eat fruit, ive tried changing diet and tried cutting out dairy but none seems to work i have been put on 2 different antibiotics and been prescribed benzol and other topic solitions but they don't work either

got an appointment to see a dermatologist in 2 weeks any ideas what i should say or ask to be put on because i really want my skin clearish so i can enjoy my holidays and not stress out about my horrible skin

thanks

WELL HWLLO THERE MATE!

im savannah! hey i understand what you mean sweety about not wanting to go out with your mates ~

ask ur derm about accutane ! i have to warn u about the initial breakout at first but in like 5 months u will have great skin !

or ask about minocyclin it might help you mate

hang in there acne IS depressing but it will get better keep ur chin up =]

Hey, I'm sorry your feeling so rough at the moment. It's good you're choosing to tackle this early instead of waiting for years and years. You deserve to have some enjoyable youthful summers so good idea making that appointment with a derm. The thing to rememberis, recovery from any chronic condition is likely to take a while. I wanted to get clear last year ready for summer.... Little did I know I chose the right product for me but it took months to work. If you want dramatic results studies show that using 2 products in conjunction which tackle the different factors affecting scene can be an effective method. The drawback to this is that you may not, then, be aware of which medication is actually working best for you out of the two. The factors of acne are 1) over production of skin cells 2) over production of sebum 3) micro organism breeding (p acnes usually) and 4)inflammation. The choice depends on you as an individual. Either way you will need to commit to using each product you try for quite a few months to know whether it has been effective. Several daily applications of one product worked to clear my skin but I did not show significant clearing until the 6 month Mark. Significant improvement yes.... But not clearing. I am now clear. Keep a log of each thing you try and take photos every fortnight or monthly to see improvement. Good luck x x

I think almost everyone on this website has been depressed over acne at some point whether in a small or serious way...Its not fun. ..but we have to keep on trying. dont give up just try tod find something which works for you (I agree antibiotics are the place to start if you want to be clear fast).

Also if they are really your friends they wont hurt your feelings or make you feel bad...Im sure they like to hang out with you cause youre a cool guy (American lingo I have picked up lol)

A

Try Bactine spray, on a cotton swab or directly on the face, it should kill the bacterial infection and best part is you will know withing a couple days whether its working for you or not, use it at night and then after you shower, theres not really a smell or any residue so it can go on whenever