Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomWantsHelp

Can an acne pimple(s) heal by itself without any treatment?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Yeah pimples can be pretty flat but not totally. They are probrably not proper pimples at that stage so refrain from popping them at ALL costs!

I often get just a little white spot which is actually a head.

Edited by Randomstuffs261

Yes, they can. Sometimes it is better to let them do that. If theyre jsut small bumps, dont inflame them with BP and picking. Theyll go away surprisnigly quickly if you let them be.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I dont fully agree as lately since Ive been on roaccutane Ive tended to leave more pimples alone and try to do the right thing but it seems the longer I leave it the bigger and more pus-filled they get and hence the longer it takes to go away,not sure why this is the case but it definitely sucks :(

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Pimples go away on their own, but sometimes, it takes much much longer than the usual time to go away..I mean there are spot treatments available that could make the pimple go away easily..In matter of 2-3 days if its small, but then most likely or i would say 100%, the pimple will come back in the nearby place, or at the same place later on. And the pimples who heal on their own, usually donot come back, i mean most likely not...even though they take longer time to heal. For some people, spot treatments dont work at all, so for them, whether they leave the pimple alone or spot treat them, it takes the same time, so its better to leave them alone since it wont come back again..

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

^ That doesn't mean that they won't go away on their own. If that were the case, then clearly all teens and young adults who get occasional breakouts and don't treat them would perpetually have those same zits on their faces.

Chances are the accutane itself is affecting how your skin heals at the moment, especially considering the negative side-effects it can have on the skin that might promote irritation to the breakouts, ie longer-lasting breakout.

Well I left a pimple a few weeks ago for more than a week not touching it and it doubled it size,pain and redness so leaving it definitely wasn't the best thing I've done,when their this big if I popped it at the start or left it after being so big it would still leave a red mark,so in all it depends on the type of acne you have if their smallish u can afford to let them be. Acne is the worst :(

Guest Timehealsall
Pimples go away on their own, but sometimes, it takes much much longer than the usual time to go away..I mean there are spot treatments available that could make the pimple go away easily..In matter of 2-3 days if its small, but then most likely or i would say 100%, the pimple will come back in the nearby place, or at the same place later on. And the pimples who heal on their own, usually donot come back, i mean most likely not...even though they take longer time to heal. For some people, spot treatments dont work at all, so for them, whether they leave the pimple alone or spot treat them, it takes the same time, so its better to leave them alone since it wont come back again..

i disagree... if you are prone to getting pimples, you will get them no matter if you leave them alone or spot treat them... so your telling me that if the pimple is left alone to heal naturally (i.e. no spot treatments), that that area will NEVER get a pimple again? How would you stop P.acnes bacteria from just forming again?

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

I had a huge inflamed pimple with no head develop on my lower jaw. I was really tempted at messing with it, but I knew it would have made it a lot worse. I'm glad I stopped myself early because sure enough, the zit has gone away and is healing very quickly. It's almost gone after one week.

Ugh I tried calamine lotion to spot treat and it was such a pain. It dries really quickly and my hands got all chalky because the lotion dried on them. Calamine is really good for bug bites, too. I give up on spot treating. There's no reason to add extra chemicals and unnecessary products if it can heal on its own. I wish I had known to leave my marks alone when I started getting acne several years ago. Sigh..

I break out with several bumps whenever I get my eyebrows waxed. I haven't had them waxed since early last year because I started Accutane. Waxing is impossible on Accutane. I think my eyebrows look fine now. They're pretty full and dark, but I think they suit me pretty well. I can't even tweeze because I have a hard time tolerating pain. I don't think they're bushy, though, because I'm taking Spironolactone and it helps slow down facial hair and body hair growth.

i disagree... if you are prone to getting pimples, you will get them no matter if you leave them alone or spot treat them... so your telling me that if the pimple is left alone to heal naturally (i.e. no spot treatments), that that area will NEVER get a pimple again? How would you stop P.acnes bacteria from just forming again?

Yes, you are right, if someone is prone to getting pimples, he/she will still get it..But then it may be because of hormones, or any bad eating habbits, or any allergies or something. So, when the hormone balances on its own after puberty, most likely the pimples will stop appearing. But then, all this happens normally as long as nobody messes with it. Tell me one thing, have you ever observed someone who never took a birth control, who never got acne in teen, suddenly got acne after 25??? I would say very very rarely, and actually none. Some people do get acne after 21, because for some people, puberty ages vary...So basically, my point here is, if you get a pimple, dont spot treat it, it will automatically heal on its own because of our immune system, and like ashley said once, if you get hurt or something happens on your body, if you dont treat it, you still get healed over the years, however the healing time may vary based on the level the burnt happened. One more example is, have you ever come accross a kid or a person, who first started getting cystic acne. I guess no, never. Or very very rare. So basically, nobody gets acne, they get small small blemishes, then pimples, then acne. And this journey happens because of our spot treating. I am not saying that I dont spot treat, I am saying that its not the best method to treat acne permanently.

Guest Timehealsall

Yes, you are right, if someone is prone to getting pimples, he/she will still get it..But then it may be because of hormones, or any bad eating habbits, or any allergies or something. So, when the hormone balances on its own after puberty, most likely the pimples will stop appearing. But then, all this happens normally as long as nobody messes with it. Tell me one thing, have you ever observed someone who never took a birth control, who never got acne in teen, suddenly got acne after 25??? I would say very very rarely, and actually none. Some people do get acne after 21, because for some people, puberty ages vary...So basically, my point here is, if you get a pimple, dont spot treat it, it will automatically heal on its own because of our immune system, and like ashley said once, if you get hurt or something happens on your body, if you dont treat it, you still get healed over the years, however the healing time may vary based on the level the burnt happened. One more example is, have you ever come accross a kid or a person, who first started getting cystic acne. I guess no, never. Or very very rare. So basically, nobody gets acne, they get small small blemishes, then pimples, then acne. And this journey happens because of our spot treating. I am not saying that I dont spot treat, I am saying that its not the best method to treat acne permanently.

Curious, but would you agree on using some treatment as a preventative? Or letting acne go away on its own?

Letting acne go on its own could be the best thing to do in my opinion. Thats where immune system comes in place. Sooner or later it should go away. However, frankly, I have been cheating a lot(except past 10 days, where I havent used anything but water), but earlier, even though I was on water only, I used to apply some fullers earth or turmeric to heal the pimples..But i do agree, its not that good idea to do so, its better to leave the pimple alone.

I agree that leaving a pimple alone i.e. no picking, or BP is good.

But using a light treatment wont kill you. I use Tea Tree Oil as spot treatment, its natrual and affective.

I agree that leaving a pimple alone i.e. no picking, or BP is good.

But using a light treatment wont kill you. I use Tea Tree Oil as spot treatment, its natrual and affective.

For me, tea tree oil never worked. I mean, when I tried to put in on my pimple, it would dry that pimple for sure, but then there would be another one emerging right next to that one, because tea tree oil has drying effect on the skin, so it also dries the skin just besides the pimples and creates acne there. Now, either this, or either that when you spot treat any pimple with any sort of method, it eventually comes back because it wasnt cured by our body itself. I am really not sure about all this, but for me spot treating works for that pimple, but then it creates new ones as welll at a later point of time..