Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yeaboy78

Clindamycin giving me whiteheads?

My derm gave me clindamycin and minocycline. He also gave me RETIN-A but I stopped using that because it actually have me cycts along the right side of my jaw, and I NEVER get cycts.

After I stopped using the retin-a, I started using the clindamycin twice a day ... I was directed to use it only once a day with the retin-a before I go to bed (put the clindamycin on in the morning) ... but because I factored out the RETIN-A I thought I should use it twice a day.

It has cleared my skin from that horrible breakout, but it seems like I'm getting whiteheads in the same area and only that area. Could it be because I'm using the clindamycin twice a day instead of only once? Someone told me clindamycin clogs pores, unless it's with Duac with BPO because the BPO prevents clogging. I just have the generic clindamycin loction 1%.

Should I just bring it down to once a day?

Hmm..not sure. My derm gave me clindamycin and it started giving me some problems after about 4-5 months. Worked beautifully before that though. is it gel or on the little sponge applicator?

Hmm..not sure. My derm gave me clindamycin and it started giving me some problems after about 4-5 months. Worked beautifully before that though. is it gel or on the little sponge applicator?

its like a lotion

I'm actually wondering the same thing as you. My doctor prescribed Finacea and clindamycin (in a wipe form) along with an oral antibiotic. After about 2 weeks I ran out of the clindamycin wipes and I couldn't get the prescription refilled until a few weeks later. Now, I'm kinda regretting getting it refilled because once I started using the clindamycin again, I broke out horribly. It's better now, but I'm still consistently breaking out since starting back on clindamycin.

Maybe I'm just imagining this but I was actually starting to see some improvement at the beginning. I also feel like the Finacea hasn't been working as well at drying up active sites and fading red marks as it did when I wasn't using clindamycin.

Oh, I was using it twice a day, too.