Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dear whoever is reading this, thanks for taking the time to and hopefully will be able to provide me with some suggestions/tips/insights!

Background information:

Acne hit around 12, will call it year 1.

Year 1: Acne breakout on forehead, family advice was because of my fringe, so i started cleansing, moisturizing, using a hairband to keep fringe up when i sleep.

Year 2: Forehead was pretty clear, but acne starting popping up on cheeks, visible areas, nose is blackhead infested (but i don't really mind blackheads).

year 3: Cheeks started having scars, one day woke up and noticed that these scars were VERY visible, went kinda depressed.

year 4: Cheeks still the same, forehead clear, but still a PROBLEM. So i decided to go on the acne.org regimen after doing some research.

(A/N : By scars I meant post-inflamatory hyperpigmentation)

Additional Information: I don't have severe acne, i think most would describe it as mild-moderate. No cystic, nodules, all the hardcore names.

This is my regimen:

Dan Cleanser

Pat Dry - Wait 15

Dans BP - Wait 15

Dans Moisturizer. --> Don;t really like it due to yellowy color and doesn't feel like it absorbs nicely (at week 4, at week 1-3 this moisturizer was fine)

Now ONTO THE PROBLEM!

Week 1-2 : Purge Phase. - straight up 1 bump of BP

Week 2-4: Face was suprsingly clear, very happy. Skin was glowing (had compliments), and only had 1-2 pimples each week, and they disapeared really quick! Skin was NOT dry. - 1 1/2 to 2 bumps depending on how i felt.

Week 4-5 (Present Day): My skin all of sudden acted up, nose literally had 5 or so red bumps pop up. They didnt have the white top, they were just red bumps that took FIVE days to disapeare and left horrid PIHs! My skin started becoming so dry that flakes were coming down, using a ton of moisturizer did not help. I was using around 1 1/2 to 2 bumps. I tried to ramp it down but still alot of flakes. Now pimples are popping up again and I don't know what to do.

I dont know what comendonal pores are, but i think i have them (whiteheads). On my chin, cheeks and not to mention skin is very dry. Thinking of switching to cetaphil moisturizer. I also ordered Dan's AHA and Jojoba oil. (Hasn't arrived yet due to issues ): July 4th and all i think).

Does anyone have any suggestions and ideas please? ): really need help!

i used dans regimen for 3 months but unfortunatly had to quit bc of the INTENSE redness and flakes- but if your willing to go through with it i suggest reading this http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Helpful-R...74#entry2949074

this link will give you a better idea of the journey your about to take on this regimen. also dump the cetaphil lotion its wayyyyy to thick and personally made me breakout- their cleansers are good but their lotions are crap for the face.

goodluck:)

i used dans regimen for 3 months but unfortunatly had to quit bc of the INTENSE redness and flakes- but if your willing to go through with it i suggest reading this http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Helpful-R...74#entry2949074

this link will give you a better idea of the journey your about to take on this regimen. also dump the cetaphil lotion its wayyyyy to thick and personally made me breakout- their cleansers are good but their lotions are crap for the face.

its longg but read it also her writing keeps you intrigued :)

i used dans regimen for 3 months but unfortunatly had to quit bc of the INTENSE redness and flakes- but if your willing to go through with it i suggest reading this

I've read it so many times. I've done my research! I just want to know if you guys have any suggestions/tips?!

P.S My order hasn't arrived..? It's been 2 weeks...I emailed Dan 3 days ago and still no reply even though he says 1-2 business days....