Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

chemical peel treatment though acne still not resolved?

hi guys. so i'm left with many red marks on my cheeks after getting rid of the inflammed lesions. i apply bp and differin at night. small white pustules still come and go every 4-5 days though and i still have small bumps on my jawline (which i think are nodules or cysts but are not inflamed at all?)

my friend told me he went for chemical AHA peels to resolve his acne. but i've read here at acne.org and on some sites, and my dermatologists also said that it is not advisable to go for chemical peels if your acne is still active.

i wanna get rid of the red marks fast and i think my acne condition is already minimal enough for me to go for chemical peels cos i only get small zits now and then. i also read on some websites that chemical peels can help light acne too.

any advice? thanks! (:

If you have little breakouts with those really small pimples, the chemical peel shouldn't harm them. I think in my case the peels actually did help with those little pimples. Be warned though that if the acid is placed on active acne, it may sting.

Also be careful with your chemical peels if your doing them at home. I used too strong of a concentration and left it on too long on my chest and now I'm left with some red marks that are worse than the acne marks I had. I thought keeping it on would help exfoliate my skin faster, but it only harmed my skin.

hey thanks! just came back from the dermatologist. i wanted to do chemical peel at the derm, but she said its best to let the antibiotics take me through this phase of hormonal rage before going for it. sigh... guess i have to leave with the red marks for a long while...

You should put the chemical peel on hold. Your dermatologist is right. There's no reason to get a peel if the acne keeps coming back. You need to get your acne under control and not be persistently breaking out before you decide to go for a chemical peel. I had 2 glycolic acid peels done while I still had active acne on my face. It was a waste of time and money because I still had moderate acne at the time.

hey there,

here's what i just posted on another topic about this. too lazy to retype everything:

"my complexion is really affecting me very badly emotionally, especially in school. i still feel depressed sometimes because i feel like girls are disgusted by the way i look and so are reluctant to socialize or be friends with me. i really wanna get to know some of them but then again my self-confidence is in the dumps cos of acne and the red marks.

i'm getting really frustrated and impatient. my acne condition has improved tremendously, no more large inflamed zits and cysts, only one or two small whiteheads that come and disappear every week, which i feel should be normal for ppl my age cos many of my friends live with it too. it's only the stupid red marks thats actually affecting me. i can't wait 9 months for them to disappear. it's too freaking long. by then it would be my last few months studying in junior college before everyone goes their separate ways, and then i might never ever get a chance to hang out or get to know these other people. "

btw, i have been on antibiotics and creams for 5months now. now my acne isn't really active, all the inflamed ones have became red marks and i only get one or two small whiteheads which i think should be normal for ppl my age...

i dont see how a chemical peel will do anything to worsen my condition if done properly by the derm. i dont get any more inflamed zits anymore so there wont be anymore red marks appearing. i just want to do it cos it is a quick way to save me from suffering emotionally...

anyway, is the AHA+ supplied here at acne.org the same as the ones they do at chemical peels? from the vids posted by daniel kern it doesn't seem to have the same effect. chemical peels are supposed to make your skin go very red and then start peeling alot in the next few days to remove the top layer of the skin right? the effects of the AHA+ stated on acne.org isnt the same?